1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Spoils of War by Aerie22 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Midknight, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: The Spoils of War
    Author: Aerie22
    Category: General, Various.
    Pairings: H/Bella H/Narcissia possibly others
    Rating: M
    Published: February 16, 2005
    Updated: August 17, 2005
    Chapters: 11
    Words: 54516

Summary: Harry kills Lucius Malfoy, Rodolphus LeStrange, and Voldemort and, as Bellatrix LeStrange and Narcissa Malfoy lie in the mud at his feet, proclaims an ancient cry of victory. Little does he realize the impact of claiming the spoils of war.
    Link: www.schnoogle... The_Spoils_Of_War/

The author seems to be reposting or rewriting it on fanfiction.net (if it is the real author at all):

Chapters: 2
    Words: 6,699
    Updated: May 29, 2013
    Published: May 21, 2013

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9314132/2/The-Spoils-of-War

I was impressed to a small amount after reading the first chapter. It is written decently so far, and I like the premise behind it.

I am doing a similar theme with Bella as I stated before, where she becomes his "bitch" instead of some lovey dovey BS, so seeing someone else who actually took this route gives me hope =)

Checked by Minion, June 9, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  2. Contempt

Contempt Third Year

Sorry to burst your bubble....but, he gets all sappy on them early on. Bella is a simpering little girl, not a hardened killer at all. And, on top of all that, there are H/Hr overtones.

3. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

yea, bella is like a 15 year old depressed girl.

also i hate harry/hermione. you had two gorgeous women to fuck, you already make love with narcissa. why do you go after a bushy haired bossy girl? that part just sucks

does not it?

4. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

I'm sorta wondering how you guys judge/read it there no link?

5. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I edited Midknight’s post so now there is a link to the schnoogle version. I don’t know but I think it been posted somewhere else and it might differ a little bit between the two versions.

6. Contempt

Contempt Third Year

Because I already read all its chapters before even coming to this site. .

7. Midknight

Ah the version i used must of had a time cookie or something, I thought it looked weird.

It does have a crying Bella, but I think it's understandable as her character in here is someone who is trying to deal with the guilt of her past actions now that she is able to feel guilt without a evil master ready to punish her.

I like Narcissa in this, and the H/HR I can deal with to a point.

I have hope that the struggle with Hermione and Narcissa will turn into Harry realizing Hermione can't be what he needs her to be, since even in this fic, her snotty attitude makes me want to slit her throat with a damned paper napkin.

The moment it turns into H/Hr and only H/Hr I will promptly vomit and be sad.

He's brought in several other women, including a female Blaise, as prospective brides.

8. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Very well written

I was worried about how it would turn out beforehand. But I honestly loved it. It really is a well written fic, one of the few that actually do a relationship like that realistically.

9. Midknight

Story got accidentally posted again, quoted some of the reviews, since we cannot split into a topic on these boards.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I started reading this on .. oh... i cant remeber the name... the first harry_bella yahoo group i think when it was only one chapter.. aint read beyond 17 though i think... chapter where harry s at hermies and her parents are babbling on about her being in love finally and what not i think it was... then the group got deleted and i didnt bother looking for it else where at the time

was god though.. even with the H/Hr overtones

11. Midknight

12. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Yep, author's got talent. Bella doesn't go entirely wimpy, just in private with Harry while she's asleep. During the public scene in Diagon Alley, she was still stone cold killer. Though now that she's "buried" the past, hopefully that'll get better.

The other stories Dance with me Harry and the Next Dance are also well written. If you really hate H/Hr then you can just read the second one which is Harry/parvati *gasp*!!!! And it's about the halfwawy ONLY decent H/Parvati I have seen in years. Too bad I'm not certain it'll last. So far it's holding.

13. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It's up to chapter 19 here. Don't think Schnoogle got that far. You have to join the Potters Place group to read it though. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pottersplace3/files/Aerie22's fics/

Then again, looks like he last messed with the files July 8th, so dunno if abandoned or not.

I've heard good things about his other stories, but considering they're primarily romance and include "Dance" in the title, well... there's not enough gold in Fort Knox to make me want to read those. I may as well dig up some Hogwarts School of Ballet stories.

I mean he gives us the harem, the evil girls turned efficient love slaves, but makes them romance? And his name is Aerie?

I'm pretty sure it's a he, but he really should head down to the hardware store and buy some new testicles. The ones he was born with seem faulty. Either that or someone's dousing his drinks with estrogen when he ain't looking.

14. Mrriddler

It's a HEEE?? Wow...What kind of guy calls a HP story dance (without the words doom, death, vengence or something like that)

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Schnoogle only had 11 chapters.

edit: Oh never mind, I read up to chp. 19 already...>< Darn lol.

15. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

yeah.. i was round PP2... i think Aerie IS a guy... but... Aerie?

[quote"Dictionary.com:]aer·ie or aer·y also ey·rie or ey·ry Audio pronunciation of "Aerie" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (âr, îr)
    n. pl. aer·ies

1. The nest of a bird, such as an eagle, built on a cliff or other high place.
    2. A house or stronghold perched on a height.
    [/quote]

o_O

Gay mayhaps?

16. Mrriddler

...why would a gay guy write about hetero sexual coupling with the guy being chased by girls then? Considering Aeris is a female name, I somehow found it hard to believe Aerie could be male...blah...

17. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

the story is pretty good
    i can deal with the whole H/hr as long as narcissa and bella stay.

you know what is odd? how most fictionally.org fics are usually well written and have long chapters and what not (at least the ones ive seen) but they are all the same old harry/ginny plots or harry/hermione.
    thats why i cant stand the ship even in a well written story cause fictionally had some well written stories but the pairings just ruined it for me.

18. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Anything good that I found with this story was slowly beaten away when Hermione came into the picture. I mean, why not Hannah or Blaise? Everything was going cool and his relationship with Bella and Narcissa was developing nicely. But then the shit hits the fan.

I don’t get it. It showed such promise, but then it got mushy and now I can’t stand it.

And let me tell you, I can stand almost anything fluffy or mushy story thrown my way when it starts that way and it’s categorized as a fluffy romance. But when it just turns out like that because the author wanted Harry to get whipped by the know-it-all. Blah.

No thank you.

Find me a version of this story where the major, principal relationship is not rushed like this one, and Bella’s and Narcissa’s roles are not left hanging with the characters still being so OC, and I’ll praise it. In the mean time, I didn’t get passed chapter 10.

19. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

Absolutely right. I only started folowing this fic because it had Narcissa and Bellatrix in it and I stopped because Hermione came in. What a letdown...

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Didnt mind it too much but yeah, it was a bit annoying at times.

Nice avatar by the way... watta kick.