1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Tales series

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by LINKed up, Feb 10, 2006.

1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    The Tales series is a video game series created by Namco that has about 10 games in total. It started with Tales of Phantasia, and the latest is Tales of Legendia. There are only two sets of sequels in the whole series, Tales of Destiny and ToD 2, and Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia, ToS being the prequel to ToP. If you have played any of the games, talk about your experience here.

2. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I've played the Tales of Phantasia (SNES fanslated version) before but I always seem to get distracted in the second part of the game when we travelinto the past. Its a good game I just wish that there were an American\English version of the game for the Gameboy advance SP...I'm thinking about getting one if I can get a cheap one and a cheap FFV advance cart.

Too bad Nintendo didn't stick with those rewriteable game crts they were playing with a few years back. It would have been nice to see if anyone could figure out away to hack a fanslated version of ToP on to one for playing on a Gameboy Advance...

---bornagainpenguin

3. LINKed up

*cough* There will soon be an english version of ToP on the GBA.

4. bornagainpenguin

Yes!!! That settles it... I've GOT to buy a GameBoy SP now... or does anyone think the DS is worth getting? More forward compatible surely but I think I like the screen on the SP better for some reason.

--bornagainpenguin

5. LINKed up

They're coming out with a new DS this march, at least in Japan. US is unknown. I think that you should get the DS, because there was this one survey asking gamers, retailers, and game devs which was the best console or handheld, with the choices of Revolution, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, and DS, the PS3 was first overall, DS in close second, Rev in third, and the PSP barely above the Xbox 360, which had less that 2% of the votes. Go with the DS.

6. bornagainpenguin

I probably will, to be honest--but I noticed you said the SP wasn't on the list--don't yuou think if it were an option more might have voted for it?

--bornagainpenguin

7. LINKed up

It was for Next Gen stuff and the current handhelds. GBA SP wasn't included as it is quite old.