1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Thief of Hogwarts by Bluminous8 - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Jtemplar8, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jtemplar8

Jtemplar8 Muggle

Title: The Thief of Hogwarts
    Author: Bluminous8
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor/Adventure
    DLP Category: The Alternates
    Pairing: H/Multi
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 105,046
    Updated: June 22, 2010
    Published: July 7, 2009

Summary: AU Young Harry learns to steal as he is fed up from his deprivation of his wants and needs by his guardians. A Thief is born in Privet Drive.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5199602/1/The_Thief_of_Hogwarts
    Link: DLP Work By Author

I found this story to be an interesting and amusing read. The author's characterization of Harry as a kleptomaniac is one that I have yet to see. Good update rate, 38k/8 chapters in about 3 weeks although the author is balancing 3 stories. Overall, better than many fics that I've read lately.

Checked by Minion, January 7, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
  2. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

A guilty pleasure fic. It'll probably end up be an incomplete like most of Bluminous's work. He's improved massively over the last few stories and I'm actually looking forward to a continuation on this one. 3.5/5

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Apparently the author is a member of DLP and has posted it in the Work by Author section. I've posted the link to the WbA page.

4. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

5/5
    Really lighthearted and still manages to capture the interest.
    Even though it is a canon rehash, there is enough new content to make it a pretty good fic.

5. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

A well-written and funny story, which doesn't try to take itself too seriously.

5/5 from me.

6. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

5/5, I have been all for this fic since the start. Sure it has its flaws, but its WINS and possible Harem make it something that I cannot disagree with. Sure Harry seems a bit Au, but that just makes him even more hilarious. I hope he does not decide to drop though halfway through the story and the addition of Tonks and Fleur are pure awesome!"

7. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I really liked it. Perfect for light reading. 4.5/5.

By the way, there are only 6 chapters in WbA.

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Materialistic!Harry is more lulzy than it has any right to be.

4/5.

On another note, the author is the same person that wrote Power of the Oa, a Justice-League crossover. And I thought that his writing in this story is tremendously superior. If he did some revising of Power of the Oa, I think that too would be library-worthy.

(Hint to Bluminous8 if he ever stumbles on this thread. ;))

9. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

mmmh, i have to say the beginning of that fic is incredibly bad written, though it improved as it went on.

About the contents, it's ok, though it stays a guilty pleasure, as it's a "Harry can learn anything in a few weeks before school, and then proceed to wow everyone" kind of fic. Of course, it *is* a crackfic, so that could be ok.

10. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

4/5 from me. I like the humour and the originality, not to mention Harry's total kleptomaniac-ness is well done. The story lost a mark for the poor grammar in several spots, not to mention lack of capitalisation and the like on some important parts, and some not-so important, but still annoying, bits (Like 'boy who lived' instead of Boy-Who-Lived.) Good read, though.

11. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

The first fic I've ever read that I can truly call a guilty pleasure. Indie/Innocent!Harry and Desperate!Dumbledore makes for giggles extravaganza. The inclusion of Fleur and Kit+Tonks only adds icing on the cake for me. Is an accurate representation of kleptomania and gives plausible reasons for plot events.

Makes me want to start playing "Spot-What's-Missing." 4/5

12. desiking75

desiking75 Squib

I didnt mind it, it was a great light read. I especially liked Harry's nonchalant attitude towards crime

13. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

I'd say that this is a good guilty pleasure fic, but nothing more than that. The grammar is, at times, pretty awful, and there doesn't seem to be any plot, nor a plan for one. That said, it's an enjoyable light read. I'd put this (if it's not already there) in the Almost Recommended thread, rather than the actual library.

3/5

14. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

This story really appeals to the klepto in me.

Harry knows exactly what the deal is.

4/5 Just because I'm just as much of a theif.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  15. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Urgh, this betrothal shit is getting disgusting to the point where I can hardly bear to read the fic.

I hope Harry murders the filthy half-breed and her scumbag of a father for conning him into it.

And why the hell is he referred to as 'Lord Delacour'? Leaving aside the retarded wizard nobility shit, historically, the proper way to refer to Fench nobility was as "Monsieur Whatever" or "[Title] Whatever", not 'Lord Whatever'. Oh, and France is a Republic, so that's moot anyway.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  16. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow, I have to say that I think that you have written the funniest sorting I have ever read. I don't if it was actually that funny, or just because i was extremely high at the time, but Hagrid blowing his nose into the Hat, and then the Hat's response was probably the best part of the fic for me.

The rest is great as well though. Especially the subtle things like Tonks and Kit.

Hope to see more. 5/5 from me.

17. Antonimus

Antonimus First Year

I don't know. It's a good read. I kinda wish Kit/Harry would scratch Tonks as she tries to do something ridiculous to him.

I thought the betrothal part was kinda cool. The way that it was, "You wanna be betrothed to Fleur?" and the way Harry was all, "Do I get dueling lessons/annoying time with Fleur?" was kinda lulzy to me...

18. h2o

h2o Professor

So true. Its a really funny and cute story, with a tad of plot to make it interesting enough. Really enjoying it so far! 4/5 from me :)

19. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The power of Oa was completely unreadable. This is very funny at times. 4/5.

20. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, another comment to make about the story. The Neville/Sprout shit is REALLY fucking disturbing, I mean, seriously, what the fuck? I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.

I actually managed to make myself forget some of those scenes.