1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Trajectory of Laughter by Guilty Bird - T - Ace of Diamond

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Narsuz, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Narsuz

Narsuz First Year

Title:The Trajectory of Laughter
    Author:Guilty Bird
    Rating:T
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    Fandom: Ace of Diamond/ダイヤのA
    Pairings: Eijun S., Miyuki K. (Slash/Yoai/Gay)
    Summary: Some say laughter is the cure for everything, but they obviously never heard Miyuki laugh...
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10302343/1/The-Trajectory-of-Laughter

Hopefully that's all formatted correctly, don't want to seem like a twat.

Fair warning here, this is a slash fic. However, unlike most slash fics, the romance is handled very well, probably one of the best I've ever read in any story, fanfiction or not. It's handled very tactfully, no buttsecks in the second chapter.

If you've never watched/read the anime or manga I highly recommend at least skimming over the Wikipedia page, it's a pretty good anime though. It's centred around a Japanese school's baseball team and their journey to the national tournament, however the story's more about the interactions of the two main characters.

The basic premise of the story is that one of the main character gets sent back in time, this is introduced in the first chapter so not really a spoiler, and how he interacts and deals with the situation.

The baseball scenes don't really need any specific baseball knowledge as the author puts the base-balling terms at the bottom of the page. Although, the scenes are written well and you can emotionally engage with the 'action' scenes anyway.

I couldn't spot any annoying grammatical errors or punctuation errors. The style of the writing flows well and is feels satisfying to read.

Overall, I would recommend anyone who wants to read a light-hearted romance story to read this. 4/5 from me.