The Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jon, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

The big hipocrisy I've seen was that some of the people that were publicly telling Franken to step down we're privately urging him to stay and the same staffers that loved to offend and attack Trump were defending Franken with nails and teeth.

Franken stepping down is just falling by the sword his party decided to rise, which is the fitting thing to do. If they were right to take such an extremist position, that the accuser is always right/has enough credence that just he suspicion is enough to warrant punishment, remains to be seen.

Iron Rose. You should try to explain your post later. It basically contradicts itself and doesn't explain anything.

Arthellion. Stop throwing up shallow philosophy references that anyone with a half decent college degree at humanities has. It's grating to read. Don't try to throw to other people when you can't finish your own point. I'm a strong believer in ius naturale and yet I couldn't understand shit what you said. You want to talk about lefties and their lover for post modernism relativism you should use that, Frankfurt School, Sartre, Focault, Levi-Strauss and not your primary school teachers.

2. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

3. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

Islamic terrorism in the US isn't real. Got it.

In other news, this is how Journalism dies.
    "A White House intern photographed flashing a sign commonly associated with white nationalism during a photo-op with President Trump released a statement insisting he was just emulating “the OK sign the President sometimes makes” and “should have listened more closely to the Commander-in-Chief and given the thumbs up.”"
    Because he did the OK sign. No. Really. Also because his boss is somewhat Stephen Miller it's all a Nazi conspiracy to take over official pictures. You know, the practicing Jew who shares his position with another Jew, and an Orthodox Jew at that.

Wait. Richard Spencer and Miller worked together. Once. Two decades ago because they were in the same Uni. But that of course means Miller is a Nazi, it doesn't matter that Miller strongly denounced Spencer when asked about the experience.

4. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Hatch is out after this year. Perhaps a Romney for Senate run incoming? Or is one of the GOP Representatives going to switch chambers?

5. Solfege

Solfege High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Romney has pretty much got it, I think. Hatch gave Romney the nod well before, and given Romney's popularity...

6. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

All reports I read point it to pretty much Romney getting it. Trump isn't that popular in Utah, but Romney really is, and a lot of people were angry at Hatch for changing his mind and apparently rethinking the retirement thing.

In other fun news, apparently that Jewish Lawyer that was a friend and thus, according to Moore's wife, the proof that Moore wasnt anti-semite really really hated Moore as a candidate apparently, and was actually Jones friend and supporter, including raising money for him. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...er-mentioned-by-roy-moores-wife-is-passionate

7. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To no one's surprise, Trump's war of words with North Korea has descended into literally comparing nuclear dick size via Twitter.

8. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

4chan jokes are now official US Policy if you take the tweets as officials statements

9. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Order Member

Oh look, an overgrown oompaloompa is literally using nuclear weapons to compensate for having a small dick.

10. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

11. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

Or the fact that half the time Trump doesn't actually follows through with them at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So. Today is an eventful day and I'm at the cell, so I can't properly link the source. They're all from the hill though, a quick googling will get you the links.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  12. pbluekan

pbluekan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

And no one at all is surprised. For fucks sake, unless you've all forgotten, Trump blocked the US press services from our own goddamn White House while he met with the Russian ambassador, while allowing the Russian national press access.

While it is certainly hilarious to watch the alt-right and Trump rip at each other, the content is nothing new. It's also extraordinarily depressing that this isn't front page news anymore.

13. Rehio

Rehio Alchemist DLP Supporter

I can enjoy the dumpster fire that is the White House, but at the same time, it's sad to see.

Feels silly to say, but it can feel really tiring watching all this shit. I wish it would get resolved.

14. Solfege

So --- you guys. You guys. You guys.

This is the fucking fire that's been passing around.

So much for 4D chess. Pure fucking accident.

All but confirms the various points we suspected.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  15. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

While it's not exactly surprising, it is cathartic to have confirmation of some suspicions I (and most people) have had for while.

16. Solfege

Cathartic indeed if true. We can take that Wolff was in the room for some of this stuff, and when he wasn't he heard from among the 200+ people close to Trump that he interviewed involved, but of course recollections are often exaggerated, whether by choice or on accident.

17. Rehio

Rehio Alchemist DLP Supporter

I mean, hell, the guy supposedly has recordings - https://www.axios.com/how-michael-wolff-did-it-2522360813.html

18. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

Not gonna lie, I'm feeling pretty smug after reading that. I was dead sure back in 2016 that Trump didn't actually want the Presidency and was only running to try and make himself relevant again.

In hindsight though, that's a rather depressing indictment of the existing political establishment, is it not? That a man deliberately running to lose can still end up winning.

19. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If the Dems had put up someone with an ounce of charisma, or perhaps someone who hadn't been slandered for a decade+ by the GOP then perhaps the man trying to lose wouldn't have won!

20. Solfege

Right, not disputing people who told him things said them. But, for instance, Sam Nunberg whom he credits as a longtime Trump staffer knowing him better than anyone else, spread the salacious and very successful rumor that Chris Christie was Trump's "unpaid McDonalds delivery intern" during the campaign's revenge efforts to embarrass Christie.

You can say that all Trump staffers play fast-and-loose with the truth, as they are known to do with the media, and that Wolff got them when their guards were down. But there are possible inconsistencies, even then, to consider. Add that we tend to remember events as more self-centric than they are, accrediting ourselves more heavily than others do; that stories we tell ourselves can become true in our own heads; that we may have underlying motives to believe what we want to believe. These amongst reasons why we should read skeptically and look for likely sourcing. Was he in the room, as he did hosting the Ailes-Bannon dinner, or did he reconstruct the scene from multiple testimonies, and if the latter; did he uncritically and liberally take one-dimensional elements, extrapolate them too generally?

I'd regard the overall theme and big facts as true. Trump aimed to lose; he and his people are opportunistic hacks. If there are multiple angles converging on the same facts, that's a good sign. But for one-off commentaries, we're better off taking details as high level gossip.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018