1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The upcoming disaster; the HP & the Goblet of Fire movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zevrillion, Aug 27, 2005.

?

Will Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire stink or rock?

1. Stink

100.0%
  2. Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I think Fleur is the only new character cast right. Cho is far too plain to be the distraction she's supposed to be, especially when Fleur and Emma Watson and the chick who plays Pansy are around. Krum looks too old and not ugly enough. I sure hope he has a good accent, or he isn't selling me on a damn thing. Cedric looks like a loser, I can't see him being the 'heartthrob' that Cho would rather be with than Harry freakin Potter.

Moody and the BB headmistress look like shit, horrible casting and horrible looks.

Fleur looks like a typical french girl because she is SUPPOSED to be a typical french girl. Her 'beauty' is caused by her part veela heritage and the fact that we see the books through a guys eyes, she's never described by anyone other than ron as literally physically gorgeous if I recall, and honestly... wtf does Ron know? The average french girl is still model material cmpared to 99% of females in any other country.

I have no faith that even with the higher rating that they will go as far as they should, and really, this needed to be done in 2 parts, but WB are idiots with no respect for the source, anf Rowling isnt forcing them to, so oh well. I'll dl it, as always, but I'm not expecting it to be anything other than a entertaining waste of an opprotunity.So if I'm picking one, I guess stink, although I think as a childrens movie it will hold its own, taken on its own merits, just like PoA.

2. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

It's a movie about the jerk from 2 Fast 2 Furious going into a cave, shit happens, people die, the end.

3. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I don't know if I will see GoF. It depends entirely on the amount of alcohol in my system when one of my friends mentions going to see it. If I am drunk enough I may just go to the theatre. Otherwise I will wait to see it via the internet.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I wonder what the Death Eater masks are going to look like. It'd be pretty funny if they just used the mask out of Scream, lol. How poor would that be.

5. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

the movie's got potential, yet my 6th sense tells me that all the cool parts we won't see. SURELY they will cencor the muggle torture at the worldcup, and i doubt we'll see voldy torture his followers at rebirth, nor will we see the unforgiveables by moody, besides moody looks like lockheart.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Im not even gonna download it... iits gonna suck and ive sworn off the movies....

ill check the casting for OoTP but i wont watch any of them after PoA .. it was horrid...

unlike what sepanto says, the movie has NO potential so long as its rated PG-13... It has to be R to at least be decent... there are too many non-kiddie parts that wont fit the rating..

7. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

oh my, i missed the part where it said pg-13, to be anywhere decent it should be nc-17.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I am seriously annoyed with the movie industry right now. They censor anything that someone might take offense to. Groups like Focus on the Family are ruining this country.

I am thinking of sending Dumbledore's Office Orgy to all their leaders under a differant name.

They will read it.

And I will laugh.

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You can easily see the De's mask in the background. The cloaks look green though, and even so neither Voldie nor the DE's look scary

[​IMG]

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Yes, but as the U.S. is a great deal of their market, they have to Americanize it, otherwise the MPAA or whatever would bump it to R, and I'd say a great deal of moronic parents won't even let their kids over 13 watch PG-13 alone.

As for Voldie... :rrou:

The Death Eaters look only marginally better than the "Dark Lord" himself.

12. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

I have yet to see how there portaying voldemort, but i think this is gonna be the better of the movies... which isnt saying much. The only main problem i see with this movie is time, it will be horribly fast paced and hprribly cut, but you had to expect that. You cant have a 4 hour movie (though i wouldnt mind Ialso dont really mind not seeing wormtails hand being cut off. It's pointless gore that doesnt need to be added to change the drama of the scene, by just insinuating what will occur you get the job done just as good. Now moody does look bad. I mean he looks like a retired old fat guy not a retired grizzly looking auror. And the eye looks terrible. They got rita skeeter dead on, but moody.. ugh. Crouch look ok but now how i imagined him. Madame maxime looks horrendous. She looks like the bad witch in the the movie THE WITCHES. and the characters looks a bit too old. they should start changing it up already. Krum lookes like hes in his 20's. Also i wonder if sirius will be in this movie.

All i hope for is a bit better acting i mean the last one was horrible.
    anyone remember the "HE WAS THERE FRIEND" scene and theyll know what im talking about.

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Check out the previous page, theres a picture of Voldie and a Deatheater.

14. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

I don't think he looks too bad.

15. Lord Ravenclaw

He looks like a bloody house-elf. Doesn't he have an uncanny resemblance to Dobby?

16. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Soon this is how some fanfic writers will potrait him.

17. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

i potrayed him more sinister and less rat-like and a bit more emphasis on the red eyes but i don't think he looks too bad. It's obvious the director based voldemort on how he looked on Quirrels head in the first movie.

18. Midknight

yes sadly they pretty much just took the head and turned it into a full face mask.

I can't pull any ideas out atm that would make him better, but the way Voldie looks now is more like a stuck up aristocrat, instead of evil reborn monster

19. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

I think he looks too human, he should have looked more snake-ish.

20. Midknight

Aye he just looks like a pale bald old man, instead of the blood red eyes (are they slited in canon can't remember atm, need sleep) and pointy teeth (maybe that's fanon *yawn*)

Either way he looks like a man wearing depends. Ever seen the old vampie in Underworld, that's who the Voldemort in that pic reminds me off, a old frail man you're supposed to be afraid of, yet looks like a blast of wind would kill him.

Not open for further replies.