1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Witcher video games

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jibril, Oct 26, 2007.

?

What do you think about The Witcher video game?

1. I am no man. I am Witcher - (you are a Pole or you are Andrzej Sapkowski fanatic)

89 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. This game is good.

110 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Just another RPG.

18 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Meh.

25 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That place looks fairyland as fuck.

Man, I can't wait to play Witcher 3 again. 31st this month? perfect timing, I'm already getting burnt out from DS3.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Haven't played the game yet at all and was wondering whether I'd be better off buying vanilla to get used to the game or getting the game with all the DLC?

3. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Get the game with all the DLC's. You will have enough time to get used to the game before you can even tackle the DLC's as they are capped at pretty high level.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seeing all the DLC makes me wish they'd just released it all at launch. I've not gone back, and looking at the upcoming release schedule, I'll likely not be doing so either...

Kinda feel this way about most post release story dlc. Can't remember the last one I went back to...

5. Clerith

High Score:
    It's always down to personal preference, but the DLCs are high level content, and if you haven't played the game yet, might as well just wait for the DLC.

6. Seratin

High Score:
    Cool, I'll just wait and hope hey release a goty edition.

7. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Currently at GOG.com you can buy the Witcher 3 + all the DLC's for USD 38.64.

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:

Seratin do this, or if you don't have a kickass PC go for the PS4 version next time it's on sale, I beat this game on PC and fucking loved it.

9. Seratin

High Score:
    Yeah, unfortunately I'm on PS4 so I'll have to keep on alert for a PSN sale. Judging from the thread though, it might be worth saying 'screw it' and splashing out on the whole game.

10. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think so, get just the game now, buy the DLC if you want once you finish the main game imo.

11. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Final Quest trailer - Polish version and English version.

As usual I'm hyped for this. I read about some of the mechanical changes in this update and I'm very interested in the one that always upscales the enemies to you level - finally my level 60 Geralt will not blaze past all the mooks in Novigrad in New Game+.

But I wonder, what level will be required for the new quests. Will it be the same as in Hearts of Stone or something higher.

12. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

It's 34+ for this DLC.

It's only a hunch, but I suspect there is more to the blonde sitting next to the duchess than possibility of being Geralt's next conquest. I predict she's the one behind everything.

13. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

So 60-something for New Game+, which I'm currently in.

As for the blonde - I don't think that she will be Geralt's conquest, she seems very agitated when the knight gets his shit kicked out of him. As for here being behind everything? Maybe. But I'm quite sure that when we find who is behind the main quest, it will be some original character.

Also, there were talks that we're gonna meet another fan-favourtie characters, that was missing from the original game. Who do you nominate? I would love to meet Borch.

--- --- ---
    EDIT:
    Apparently the main theme for Blood and Wine contains elements from the cinematic launch trailer - and the city at the end of that trailer looks suspiciously like Beauclair.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  14. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I think it's fairly obvious we're going to meet Regis, what with the vampire theme in the DLC.

Anyway, midnight release today, so there's a just little over 12h left until it releases.

15. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Regis would be awesome, but at the same time he got killed really good by Vilgefortz and I don't think that just a couple of years between the saga and Blood and Wine would be enough to regenerate. He sat in a grave for what, 50 years after those appeasements got him, staked him and cut off his head? Plus Vilgefortz castle was blown up by the Lodge. IMO meeting anyone from Geralt's hansa in any form other than a ghost would be quite improbable.

16. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

It almost certainly is going to be Regis played by Jan Frycz. How is that going to happen is a mystery till tomorrow.

17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Yep

It's Regis.

18. Clerith

High Score:
    Mmm, I've been waiting for this for a year. Just started a new playthrough yesterday. The patches are awesome. Game runs better, smoother, the extra options are great - the alternate movement mode is a godlike improvement. The new UI is a lot better too.

I've seen some videos and the Severance runeword from HoS looks amazeballs. Can't wait to pick it up.

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Already finished the Blood and Wine DLC, but I'm going at it again and this time I'm going to

let Dettlaff kill Syanna, because holy shit her and Anrietta are insufferable, the latter more so due to her "muh sister" moments where she thinks it's feasible to just let Syanna off for everything she's caused.

Also, I don't want to make Regis a pariah among his own kind, which fighting and killing Dettlaff does.

20. Daedros

Daedros Seventh Year

It's mildly hilarious that you think

it's better to let an unstable lunatic who tried to wipe out an entire city when throwing a temper tantrum live than Syanna. How exactly is Regis any different than Anarietta? Both are trying to excuse the appalling actions of people close to them, and both are deluded.