1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Wolves by FaithUnbreakable - Dexter/BtVS - FR15

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Snow, May 23, 2010.

1. Snow

Snow First Year

Title: The Wolves
    Author: FaithUnbreakable
    Rating: FR15
    Genre: Dark/Supernatural
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms
    Pairing: Slight Dexter/Buffy
    Summary: They are wolves in sheep's clothing, hiding, waiting. Preying on those too blind to see death coming for them.
    Link: http://www.tthfanfic.org/story.php?no=17697

Stumbled onto this while browsing the author's crossovers for anything familiar. Although the idea of the two together seemed jarring, the story works amazingly well in my opinion, managing to stay fairly close to canon for both shows while still giving a new interpretation of one of the main characters.

Also, I enjoyed the insight into the 'dark passenger' ideal. I haven't had the chance to read the Dexter series, and although I do like the t.v. show's progression, it made me really nastolgic for the pre-familyman, numb and psychotic Dexter.

Ranks an easy 4/5 to me.

2. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

I like her stories. They are pretty interesting, most of the time. However, she describes far far too much. There is too much 'tell' in her works and even though it is well crafted 'tell', flowing smoothly from one disturbing revelation to another, it is nonetheless, a narrative weakness that makes her works fall far short of the potential they seems to have.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

That was cute, and interesting. Would've liked to see more of Doakes' reaction to Buffy, though. Solid 4.

4. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This feels like Tumblr wrote it. Purple prose, cutesy character moments which are right up against the wire of OOC and just flavoured with an impression of canon characters, and chapters average less than 1000 words each.

I'm not particularly impressed by this. Which was a shame. I liked the idea, it just was written poorly. There's a spelling error in the second word, of all things.

2/5