1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The World Without by Lunaludus Scribex - M - Fate/Stay Night

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Oxy, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Got all excited when I saw the email notification come through and had to wait all day until I got home til I could read it.

Love this fic. It still remains one of my favorite FSN stories. Always really enjoyed the interaction between Sakura and Rin.

And I agree with SmileOfTheKill. This wasn't infodump at all. The only infodump was Archer explaining Servants to Ayako. It was more just scenes dealing with the aftermath of the previous chapter.

The only reason it feels somewhat empty is because of how long it's been since the last update.

2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I'm scared. I just noticed the first post I've made in this thread was from 2011... but this story updated. Welp. Good update and worth alerting the few people that care... but so many years since the last update.

3. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Wow, this chapter just reminded me why this was my favourite FSN fic. Gotten so bored of FSN fics in general. They're all exactly the same. Same sort of scenes, same sort of plot, same sort of Shirou and hence, same sort of atmosphere. With a non-Shirou protagonist, this really is quite refreshing.

Absolutely love the interaction between Sakura, Rin, Saber and Archer. Especially Archer. He's a whole lot more proactive in this story - both in how incessantly he trolls his allies, and how he manipulates the war.

And I loved that reveal of Archer's identity. I've never actually seen a story where Sakura is the one who finds out who he is, but it's just so appropriate.

I hope we don't need to wait a whole year until the next chapter again...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

5. wellis

wellis Fifth Year

You guys probably already know it but Chapter 16 of The World Without is up: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5282769/16/The-World-Without

Everyone gets a revelation about Archer that actually doesn't jive with canon in this instance. I apologize for the necro but I figured since no one was posting it in, might as well link the latest chapter.