1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

They Are Billions

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skykes, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

Ballista deal well with Doom Villages, although you'll need to chain a few, as otherwise zombies will destroy them in production.

Don't delete old walls - they give you a little bit of breathing room in a worst case scenario. You'll still have quite possibly lost, but you might manage to spam enough units to deal with it.

Walls can be built two deep easily, and can be staggered to be built more so. Zombies don't actually path through, they'll attack walls that are in their way, so you can build outwards from proper walls with ones to throw away.

One thing I found quite useful in the final wave was building a machine turret just outside my city, surrounding it with a double wall, and then actually having a double wall with guns/towers between that and your city. But beware the power/gold/worker costs.

2. Erandil

Erandil Headmaster

I watched a few streams of this but while the idea looked interesting it didn't look like there is enough variation (be it in units, buildings or strategies) in it to keep me interested in playing it for more than a few hours (or buying it myself).

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

Just finished the first level. They games somehow moves super slow, yet super fast at the same time. Like, when you get an alert that zombies are coming in 8 hours, they literally arrive before my army can get there from the other side of the base. Part of that is my fault since I didn't really know how to play so I chose a 150 day thing, and that took forever, even though the final wave actually came at like day 135. That was weird, but I was just thankful it was over. I had a literal colonist count of over 9000.

I don't know... I didn't find it to be that fun and I can't imagine getting to the final wave, losing, and having to redo like 10+ hours of play. I love zombie survival games, but I guess I'm more into the actual survival aspects of it. I guess it feels too much like an rts, and not enough of a zombie game.

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Playing it via a friend's shared Steam library, enjoying it so far. Lost my first match on the fifth wave because I thought I could go it with bulk Rangers. On my second now, and I may have fucked up with walls that are too long, but I can build Executor guns now so YOLO. The game itself is pretty much made for my particular style of RTS playing. I can't micro for shit so I'm all about that turret/tower life.

Is the zombie/horde pathing pretty much 'murder whatever they see first'? Will a horde ignore a small fortified square to go deeper into your settlement, or is the scratch post strategy always viable?

5. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I believe they will go for the first target, but once all space is occupied and they can't hit it the next zombies will movie on.

One very important thing to note is having some units/turrets on highest level target priority. It sucks to have double/triple walls blocking some turrets, only to have them disabled by the ranged zombies.