1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Three by icy roses - T - Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Discussion in 'Books' started by Andro, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Title: Three
    Author: icy roses
    Rating: T
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    DLP Category:percy Jackson and the Olympians
    Pairing: Percy/Annabeth
    Summary: One life is not enough for love; Percy and Annabeth try for the Isles of the Blest, but it seems that fate is not always kind to them.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5566549/1/Three

This is it, the greatest, end-all Percy Jackson and the Olympians story, no exaggeration. If another story dethrones it in the future, I suspect it will be written by the same author. Every other fanfic in the fandom is trash in comparison.

The idea of Percy and Annabeth trying for the Isles of the Blest - finding each other and proving their love three times - is a brilliant, brilliant concept. Very moving first two chapters in particular.

5/5

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Is this one where Annabeth become an air hostess in one life and a rich girl in another life?

If so,I have read it.

3. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I vaguely remember reading part of this story a loooong time ago, so I'm glad it's finally finished.

Overall, it was pretty good. Technically well-written, and a mostly interesting plot. My only complaint is that it started to drag after a while. Te plot didn't have enough power to stop me from skimming some parts.

Regardless, in the context of Percy Jackson fics, it's near the top, and as such deserves to be in the Library. 4/5

Edit - This isn't a fault of the fic and has nothing to do with my rating, but I couldn't help but think how weaksauce the Isles of the Blest were compared to Percy becoming a god. :p

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I liked this story but I have to say, the last life, with Percy being a son of Hermes and Annabeth being the daughter of a senator was rather boring and tedious which, for me, cost the story a bit.

Loved the idea though.

3.5/5

5. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I read this a while back and had to leave a review for the author.

Maybe it's the fact that I saw Cloud Atlas a little before reading this story, or maybe just because I read romance so rarely, that I can honestly say it's one of the most affecting stories I've read.

Unlike Nemrut I feel the second reincarnation was the weakest of the three, however the way it's described when Annabeth has to relive it at the end adds that sense of a life lived that it lacked compared to the other two.

5/5