1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You made it seem like that was the only scenario that could happen, not the worst case.

2. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Where are we at then?

All of you are pushing to lynch me. That shows that none of you have an inkling on who's the last scum. Who's to say then that we would definitely lynch scum, if we decide to lynch somebody not me?

3. blab

blab Second Year

Ahm, in that case, from your pov, we should have a 1/3 chance at least.
    Also nobody said that we would definitely lynch scum, YOU assumed that if you claim, and we lynch somebody not you, that we lynch definitively town. It's in the word "auto".

4. Bill Door

If we don't lynch you who should we lynch, and don't give me that OMGUS case on Proph. Actually make a case for us to lynch someone else.

5. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Wetnurse, it's still got nothing to do with whether you roleclaim or don't. That doesn't effect what you've put up. Like, at all.

Actually, how about this. You answer that question: Are you one of Judge/Vigilante/Oracle?

6. Bill Door

At this point I think it's best to just lynch Wetnurse. Tomorrow we can do the mass claim with Gravedigger coming forwards first. Anyone disagree? If not the Wetnurse should claim before the day ends.

7. Sesc

I'm not quite sure why my post killed all discussion. By now, Wetnurse can roleclaim directly, we don't need the circumspect version.

Wetnurse, claim or get lynched.

8. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

9. blab

blab Second Year

Cool, well I won't be there at deadline, so whatever...

10. Sesc

So. Are you kidding me, Wetnurse? I was entirely open for everything, as is evidenced by the fact that I haven't voted yet. You did zero to convince me of anything, you didn't explain your odd calculation/claiming hypothesis, and you didn't respond to my question. Instead, you just disappeared. What, exactly, am I supposed to think?

Lynch Vote: Wetnurse

I'm going to sleep, and you better be the last Witch, because I don't even want to consider how this could fit into Town.

@jwlk, you could have at least posted the votals.

Wetnurse: blab, Vira, Prophylaxis, Sesc (4+1)
    Prophylaxis: Wetnurse (1)​

Oh, and the Gravedigger do his thing, in case this doesn't end tonight.

11. Bill Door

Actually, if Cusader is still out there they should go off on whoever they think is most likely to be scum out of blab, proph and Vira.

12. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Start thinking who the other scum is.

I am the Town Vigilante.

Lynch Vote : Wetnurse

13. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Day end! Wetnurse has reached a majority and has been lynched!

Please get in all your night actions, and state in your QT if you would like night to end early.

Wetnurse: blab, Vira, Prophylaxis, Sesc (4+1)
    Prophylaxis: Wetnurse (1)

livelist:
    Blab
    Vira
    Proph
    Sesc
    Bill Door

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Night end!
    Prophylaxis the Demon has drunk the soup!

He has matched Bill Door as Acolyte - Success!
    He has matched Sesc as DOB - Success!
    [Sesc the DOB shoots Vira, the judge, who dies!]
    He has matched blab as Oracle - success!
    And, to make sure that he can claimed he killed all the witches (either by bussing or suicide) he matches Prophylaxis as the Demon (and dies)

Scum win!

Some ending notes (No offense intended to any people I name here, constructive criticism only, no meanness):

Scum not being able to kill anyone for three nights was hilarious, I thought their game was over at that point. I guess it just goes to know that bussing is a pretty effective tactic, even not in game that flip.

On claiming in this setup, don't do it! Scum missed out on 3 night kills, and with all of the claims ('subtle' or not) they were able to really come back and win it. One or two claims is fine, if necessary to prove scum or something, but having 5+ people effectively claim is very very bad.

Wetnurse, you had absolutely 0 reason to claim, when the game obviously wouldn't end, everyone would know you are not scum, no need to narrow the world view down more for the scum to soup (lying here would have been cool).
    Titus, Scum get information on who priest and oracle target. Your lump vote breadcrumbing were not very slick at all once people knew you weren't just making a mistake
    Bill Door, you didn't do anything wrong, per se, but you could have done a LOT of fun stuff with your role, like fake claiming priest, or any number of crazy things to shake up the game, but I can't really fault you for not doing them.
    KaiDASH, you should not have fakeclaimed judge, imo, even though it sort of worked out... kinda :p
    Sesc, thanks for replacing you did really well! Just an unfortunately wrong world view, which can probably be attributed to Kai claiming judge in the beginning, as a replacement reading that it would kinda be disconcerting, i would think. You could have gotten a draw if you hit Proph though!
    Proph, Nice job with the soup!

About the modding, sorry for not being the best one guys! I know I made a lot of mistakes, and i'm not trying to excuse it, but i'm in the middle of finals week and studying and all that is crazy, I just ran this as a favor for Kai cuz he wanted to play, and eido was dead/dying/gone forever.

Here is obs!

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Zb6PzmsxPfe

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hey good job on saving scum the trouble of night killing me guys, I'm sure they were very thankful.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Boom, headshot(s).

16. Sesc

Should have stuck with my gut :s

The role list I made yesterday in my qt was 100% right, after all -- which, incidentally, is exactly the reason Prophylaxis could win, because holy fuck were some of you guys obvious in your roles *stares at "Fuck no you aren't the priest"-BillDoor and "Let's make really really sure we do the Oracle/Clown thing"-blab*

(I might not be an exception either, though).

There was a reason my original roleclaiming list went Prophylaxis - Vira - Wetnurse, from most likely to least likely Witch. What tipped it (when I began overthinking it tonight) was this:

Well deserved, man. To be quite completely honest, losing sucks, but if so, I'd rather lose to this bit of spectacular play, than hitting you, and losing to "Probellum" and Vira's lurking >_>

Titus; hilarious game, girl. When I had enough time (aka the last few days) I had a ton of fun figuring out your posts and hints. It was a bit too obvious in the end (sounded like you were getting annoyed that people weren't catching on, lol). Lump was a bit of genius though, was that something you came up with just now, or did you use that before?

All in all, one of the more interesting games I've been in, and sorry for not securing the draw for Town :)

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    ...LOLOLOLOL

18. KaiDASH

Lots of people were way too obvious with their role, and others needlessly claimed. All in all, towns game to lose, and lose it we did.

LL and Ollie had the only justified claims this game, only because scrum either knew your role already or it was a one for one swap

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I have lots to say about this game but it will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, probably.

I was freaking out over the past two hours, though, about what night actions I had to do (you can see in the QTs)

One thing that's been bugging me is this:

my read on prophylaxis is that he is annoying, needlessly obtuse and combative.

Is there anything I can do to shed my "bull-dog" image? I admit I intentionally played it up in this game as scum (see: refusing to answer Stojil's question) so that I'd have someone to point to in endgame, but I realize it makes me detestable/unliked in many people's eyes and I'd like not to anger people when I'm around.

20. KaiDASH

Well I would have lynched you for it no matter how many of your buddies I knew you had bussed.