1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. blab

blab Second Year

Dude, the post that I was responding to was part of the reason why I was set on lynching Aekiel and Rubicon day 2+3+4. How is that ignoring everything that ever happened?
    Really, you are making the situation sound way more desperate than it was.

And even if you were right, your actions still don't make sense to me.
    Hey, cool, let's do something that's worse than lynching Kai: judge!lynching Kai. Yay

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

At the time, you weren't talking about it. Obviously anything I do cannot take into account things that would happen on later days or that you are thinking privately.

Sure last minute train reversals happen, but I did not think one was coming here.

Who would have started it, or even supported me by arguing for such a world?

Clearly my arguments were insufficiently persuasive, you were too busy and already voting me, Prophylaxis has no incentive to get a lynch off of me, on to his buddy, on day 1 (when I have a knowingly-aligned scum read on another one of his buddies), fontisian is clearly not voting for anyone who isn't me. Rubicon is clearly not. Aekiel is both gone and clearly not. Luckylee was voting for me.

Who's left? I didn't think blab would, WN was serial-lurking at that point, Zeit was gone, ollie was gone, bill door had non-town reads on both me and Aekiel, and ProudBoar was too new to be making a play like that.

So my list of outs was 'maybe wetnurse or blab will decide to stop lurking and agree with my world'.

Seems likely.

--

So sure, my claim was poor, but it's not even close to the worst play of the game and had a largely trivial effect on the eventual outcome (if you agree with me that I was going to get mislynched).

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@Bill, keep in mind that was Prophylaxis did was hardly even bussing anymore. He basically flat out attacked his team mate and led a lynch on him -- and would have gotten him lynched, if one more person had appeared and switched off fonti.

That is always going to be "effective" -- but it also kinda has the effect of making your team mates disappear. If you can and want to win the game all by yourself, cool -- but exactly how often will that be possible?

@Prophylaxis, out of interest, which role would you have claimed, had we gone along with the massclaim? I have a feeling with what I knew and was thinking at the time, that might have been the easier way to win the game.

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

A world with a scum Aekiel? Plently of people, and it's always better to kill the scummy lurker vs. the scummy active guy.

I think you could have easily saved yourself but we'll never know, I guess.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Damn it. I figured you would souped me early on if you were scum Prophy. Shit.

Obviously, you saw my insanity play for what it was. Damnit.

Those were actually crumbs for those of you who cared.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Believe me: You would have won if you didn't claim your real role or had fakeclaimed it. I was scared that you would have falseclaimed but the posts that you were wanting to claim your real role seemed genuine.

I did not realize the scum could endgame with DOB alive until I reread the rules for, like the second or third time. :eek:

I think Bill Door played pretty well this game - he and Titus were the two people I were most fearful of (until Bill Door declared me "least likely to be scum out of the four")

Yeah, as I stated in my QT (and coven chat too), the refusal to answer questions was a gambit solely designed to earn town points

(refusing to answer questions is anti-town and blatant, and it can cause someone to clear me based on intentionally trying to look like that, also I can point it to it at endgame - "Why would I blatantly refuse to answer a question as scum?")

And this does read jerkish:

But yeah, I apologize. I'm hoping to be a bit more bearable whether we're in a game together.

I admit that part of the hard bussing was Aurion creeping up to my ear and yelling, Stop. Friggin. Connecting. Yourselves! - I bussed Rubicon and Eric, but they did not have stellar interactions with me (Rubicon and I avoided interacting, which I thought would bite me in endgame)

I thought I'd just die to a massclaim but I would have claimed Gravedigger. The problem with claiming that font's softclaim, though.

7. Titus

Titus Squib

I tried to position us to win by PoE. I figured Prophy wasn't scum bc he had appeared to miss my crumbs. I figured he'd soup the priest if he noticed rather than risk being caught.

The gibberish "flavor claim" is from the 1986 movie Clue. Mr. Green (only in the third ending) is the cop. The kingdom of heaven is upon us hints at a religious figure and is part if all three ending. The rest were intended to be googled if I died. My responses were intended to be googled if I died, confirming me as the priest, not the DOB. (Except for the one to rubicon)

8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Eh, I think that after you died and DOB didn't activate people might have been able to work that out without you hinting.

9. EricF

EricF Muggle

Just reiterating that sucm got ZERO non-soup nightkills this game.

I'm glad to see my fake Priest claim worked out so well (getting Bill Door to soft-claim Acolyte, and Titus to confirm that he was Priest). It was actually zero cost since I knew the Priest had checked me that night.

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

GG everyone.

Nice. And you got Bill as Acolyte too, which I would never have figured out.

After the third time, I thought it was pretty hilarious too, in a "we're all going to die" kind of way.

Hitting the Spiritcaller on the first night was just bad luck. Trying to kill Titus the next night was a bad decision, she was an obvious protection target even if we didn't realize she was the Priest. Hitting the Clown on night three was the most hilariously bad luck ever, especially if you go read my wallposts in the coven chat about how we absolutely could not miss another kill so we needed to kill blab or Zircon.

KaiDASH said in the dead chat that we should have souped earlier. I don't know. Our strategy was to hold onto the roles we knew mechanically, and target players whose roles we didn't know. We also didn't want to risk souping our early guesses, like Sesc as D.o.B. or blab as Oracle, in case we were wrong - which was probably a good idea since some of our guesses (fontisian as Priest, for instance) were wrong. Things worked out in the end, obviously, but I'm not sure our strategy was the best.

I was amazed no one else realized that I was just making up bullshit about you.

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

One thing I don't understood is why you stopped souping after Titus, you could have made a guess at me or Sesc with pretty much no downside.

12. EricF

EricF Muggle

If I had magically survived day 3, I would have kept guessing until wrong. Otherwise, a wrong guess outs the scum without recourse - so it's really bad to do as the last Witch.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

eh, I didn't want to risk Prophylaxis on a guess. He was doing the souping on that night since Eric and I were dead, and if he guessed wrong he'd have been outed. (I didn't think you'd have pointed out Titus' crumbs if you were Acolyte, and we felt pretty confident about Sesc but had no mechanical evidence.)

The only other role we knew for 100% sure at that point was blab, and he was one of a few players who weren't cleared somehow. I wanted to leave him alive to distract from Prophylaxis. That may or may not have been a good idea.

---------- Post automerged at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

My first game (Warlock Hunt) went about the same, and I ended up replacing out too. If you're not completely turned off of mafia, you could try one of Eidolonic's games next time he shows up (they're usually simpler than TinyHunt), or maybe go to mafiascum.net and try one of their newbie games (which are designed to help new players get the hang of mafia).

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

This was the best thing we did in this game. Not even joking.

14. KaiDASH

If you absolutely can't miss... Just Soup the two roles you knew 100% - Titus and Luckylee. Doing this does not prevent you from souping more people later when you're more sure about them (such as blab or sesc).

Hitting ollie of all people is a beyond useless kill: He isn't going to do more than sheep on to a popular lynch train on any given day.

15. Titus

Titus Squib

Your claim was objectively bullshit. I would have played it exactly the same, priest or not priest.

16. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

And people wonder why I chose not to play TinyHunt~.

17. KaiDASH

"it doesn't look like mafia"

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

(closemindedness?)
    /tenchar