1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Think Vaimes talks this way about shadow in the first quote, and especially talks to me about my shadow read in this way in the world where he knows I'm a) town and b) right about shadow and c) shadow is his partner in like.... 1 or 2 out of a 100 games, at best.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, just know that I'm resisting the urge to block quote every single time Cobalt said something like this D1.

Resisting it, nobly.

Because I'm really all sweetness and light once you get the know me.

I do still kinda want to though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mrgle.

Odd post, in the context of looking at it through a "could wolf!dC write this about his partner?"

There are some individual sentences that are pretty classic w/w soft hedges and shit. "I will expect shadow to step up later in the game or I will start having problems", "It's an odd middle ground where I feel like it COULD be scum looking busy but also looks a little tricky to fake," etc.

I feel like, oddly enough, overall I'm leaning away from this being a w/w thing. Like.... "I am treating this as true null by assuming he was OoG preoccupied in order to avoid Bad Things like "lol replacement probs scum" is definitely a Thing in the w/w world.

The "he had an excuse to dump on me and didn't take it" would be a pretty tricky thing to townread a partner for, since like... you know they could look /bad/ for not taking it, not good.

Idk. Just doesn't smell aligned.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey tom I asked you about this at some point on D1, did you ever get back to me?

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No idea
    What did you ask about?

3. Newcomb

I mean, the obvious question. Your votes are based on a lot of things that aren't your reads, so, what else are they based on?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Two things here.

One, the material in the spoiler feels somewhat, but not completely like the way he was pocketing Cobalt. Hard to read too much into it since shadow/tom are pretty familiar with each other.

Two, he spent a large portion of the game wanting to Lump me, Waco, and tom. He also, notably, shied away from it himself.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Found it.

Some amount of my early votes are just pressure or wagoning.
    Iirc this original interaction was DC saying I scumread fonti because I voted her but that was just wagoning.
    I might be missing someone, but I remember voting you, fonti, and waco without scumreading them.
    I think two were wagoning with vaimes/cobalt and one was just wanting to see what happened. I think there was another vote that was to tie wagons.

Just gonna be real with you don't think those votes are worth reading into I could go look again and tell you my exact reason for all of them but the process is so natural to me my alignment doesn't matter

5. Newcomb

Could just be wishful thinking, but this reads as a little TMI-y from Stanari responding to Cobalt here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, not sure this is a super productive thread.

Can pretty much buy you just wagoning people to wagon them as either alignment.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    goes to corner and grumbles something that sounds vaguely like "told you so"

Oh huh also it was shadow that said "townfirmed tom is really something" right? If he actually believes that it might indicate willingness to shoot town!lumped!tom which would explain wanting to lump him.

7. Newcomb

Ehhh, yeah, on second thought.... nah.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah you should read the lolzork game where me and ss just kept moving votes to make silly votals
    We had a 7-7-7 and a 6-5-4-3-2-1 before I ate 3 vig shots n1

Game had yog and reg under an alt too. I true claimed jester.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think it was referring to a weird 7er on mtgs where I was "emperor" unkillable IC.
    If you'll pardon my humility, I was gr8
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Well sure but my point is if he has genuine belief that you're dangerous as a townfirm and sees you getting townread sufficiently, attempting to lump you as "someone we're going to kill anyway" makes sense.

10. Newcomb

Can see this being true and not even sure it's wrong.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just gonna throw this out there and not really back it up since it's mostly gut but pretty strong -

If Stanari was a wolf, tom never is.
    --- Post automerged ---
    TWTBAW or TWTBTWTBAW, you decide.

Thankfully, I won't have to :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    My instinct is that this hard-spews Gemma town, but it's based off a conception of what people generally consider too dirty to use in-thread as w/w. Shadow's not someone I know well enough to say for sure.

Let's just say I'd be raising my eyebrows at that pretty hard postgame.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Obviously TWTBTWTBTWTBAW, geez.

12. Newcomb

Hum.

Tbh, thinking about how the D1 Lump votals kinda flowed, I tend to think it means Jarizok actually was town.

Like.... me/shadow/Jarizok in contention for Lump, 6 hours to deadline. If Jarizok were a wolf, that's two wolves and one town who could get Lumped, and there really was just no real... concerned, tangible effort to push it on to me. Trust me, I was watching for it - was kinda worried I'd have to try to deflect it off me without looking wolfy.

Kinda think there would have been, if I were the alternative to a witch getting Lumped?

I think that outweighs my "Jan NK points to Jari witch" thing, tbh. May have just been overestimating how townread Jan was, or that witches figured that absent any info town!Jarizok would just Angel like, Cobalt or something.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Shadow goes radio silent for ~30 posts, and then

Yeah.

Gonna say that's almost never w/w. It's just too flowing, smooth, nuanced, whatever. It's the kind of interaction that's so hard to pull off as w/w, because it's like... idk, multiple angles at once. Poking each other, arguing over the Waco read, constantly moving the argument forward and not just repeating the same basic point at each other but rather like, evolving / layering? It feels like a real argument.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, coming around to there being three alive right now. Which is not ideal, sure. Saving grace is, whoever is the least deep out of shadow's two living partners, in this world, has to burn a soup tonight on me, which is a decent consolation prize.

(And yes, that's also a post I'd totally make as the Acolyte who caught the handshake red check from my Priest, trying to super bait out that incorrect soup. Glgl)

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Psst.

If the team is Jari/Shadow/Asmo, then Asmo and Shadow were both trying to lump you, but couldn't get traction.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Humm. Scum!Asmo has a motive for not being caught up at eod, sort of, if it allows him to keep his lump vote on Newcomb without taking a stand. Wouldn't really put any stock into that.

14. Newcomb

Eh. Why couldn't they, though? Like, Asmo sure, but in this world Jari had dC and ~Stanari, ish in the pocket, and Shadow had Cobalt in the pocket, and they didn't like... try, that hard, really?

15. fontisian

Stanari was probably town, yeah.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jan and I both definitely said it wasn't happening, and we have sway?

I need to reread, to be honest.

16. Newcomb

There's no fucking way Stanari does this to a partner.

Refuse to believe she'd be that cruel :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    fonti I found the person who tried to divert Lump off Jari/Shadow and onto me :v

17. fontisian

Oh shit, kill the witch.

18. Newcomb

Shadow's EoD and dC's reaction to his vote.

Man, in retrospect that post from dC is just... bad.

Idk how your instinctive reaction to that is "ew", as town. Whereas it makes plenty of sense as the instinctive reaction to watching your partner blank-vote town at EoD.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright made it to EoD1.

I think my overall read on the gamestate right now is that I don't really believe either of Jarizok/Stanari were witches. Could somewhat see Jarizok, really can't see Stanari, but overall I think it's somewhat likely they were just v/v.

Which means finding 2 living witches who are also partners with shadow, which is... kinda hard? Like, I wouldn't be shocked if it were like, shadow/Asmo/tom I suppose? or shadow/Asmo/dC.

If Asmo is town though, game might be a litter harder than it looks right now.

I'm kind of inclined to trust Jan's meta read on Gemma now that he's confirmed town. I also somewhat like fonti's reason for townreading her. Sheeping reads never feels super good to me though and I can't say that I've read a Gemma post and just gone, "town!".

Vaimes/Cobalt are chillin.

Waco I'd be real worried about without the red on shadow, but with it, he's good. Props if that was a planned bus, it got me.

dC... man. What is up with dC this game. Honestly I kind of hope he's a wolf because it makes me want to like, re-read his entire ISO just to appreciate some of the bizarre artistry. I still, kind of stubbornly against myself, think he's town here.

Wish I could be alive lategame to really try to pin down tom. As both alignments I think tom kinda thrives on action, and boring wagons (albeit at least one on mafia) D1, redcheck D2, inevitable push on Asmo D3 is just not gonna get his engine running. Which makes it super hard to clear him. But kinda understandable if he's a villager.

fontisian it's more that I don't see her as being with shadow, than I see her as being town, although I do ~think~ I have some okay reasons for townreading her? Especially the way she handled shadow after I outed the check, like... there's a zero% chance she wouldn't have had an idea about how she was gonna play that, and what she wanted shadow to do. Having him not cc, and then picking apart his reaction, just like. Feel like she'd have come up with a way better plan as a wolf with him? Feels a lot more like how she picked apart Sloth's reaction to her fake red on him in Concussion mafia. Probably gonna check her tonight anyway ~for the memes~ and just so I can know if I was right in deadchat.

I still kinda stubbornly want Asmo to be town almost to make the game more interesting but it's not looking real likely at this point.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm gonna go ahead and push a bullshirt wording read on tom because I'm confirmed town and that's just how I roll.

"Until", not "unless".

Please please please please be a wolf because lolyou.

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Lolyou tbh
    --- Post automerged ---
    I could prolly be scum with shadow but not with thugslot or DC imo.
    So hopefully one of those will clear me.

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    So I kinda made the "ew" post as a gut reaction thing, but I think I figured out what bothered me about it so much:

If he were a townie in that situation, ducking out near dayend, possibly making his last post of the game, shouldn't he at least say SOMEthing about his positions for the record? It doesn't read like the "leaving thread" post of town who are about to get lynched.