1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Maybe I'm conf-biasing, but the way asmo responded to Tom and sort of tried to reassure him felt very unlike the town game I played with him.

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

shadow (5) ~ Newcomb, tom, Cobalt, Vaimes, dC

(People should totally unvote for me.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Link?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It felt like being handled, fwiw.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (This wagon formation always lynches a wolf)

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

[​IMG]

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I mean, I moved at two minutes to go to prevent something stupid like ties :v

It's not really indicative of the outcome I wanted

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

dC where are you at with Jari/Satan atm? Because um,
    One time I correctly townread someone based on nothing at all and it was wrong and I got pocketed and we lost.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Not sure I'd call that a contradiction. I mean I can see why it looks that way, but I've had those competing thoughts as town before. Especially when there's not much to go on and you're just like, reaching, kinda? What's the phrase, "nature abhors a vacuum"?

The part I didn't think was w/w was the whole "btw guys I totally thought Mal was slanky scum but he replaced out so I guess I can't use that read", which is like.. I mean I know people have varying opinions on this, but I think it's kinda gross, and my impression of dC's game is that that's not a play he'd bust out here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That is a some deep diving you're doing there, Gemma.

8. fontisian

Boop.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

No babe, the town game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I thought it looked moderately unaligned in a vacuum, but it smelled like something I could imagine fonti doing to her partner D1 in this setup. Basically, I agreed with Jan that fonti having that interaction then pushing the Lump onto shadow to grab cred was very much a "yes that sounds like if you told me about the time fonti did X as a witch that this could be a thing that would fit that story."

I liked your point about shadow being appease-y at her the most out of your reasoning there.

Tbh, fonti's kind of a special case for me. When I've played with someone enough times, I usually get a kind of "click" moment when I read a post from them and understand a little bit of how they think and connect it to what I know about them and just generally feel better about reading them even if they're a tough read overall. Jan and tom are good examples here. I've "gotten there" in games in the past on them, even if I might misread them in the future. With fonti, I've like, had those click moments happen multiple times and been wrong.

It's not that fonti is a cipher or that I just don't understand her play, because I think I do, I just think she understand how my head works way better than I understand how her head works. She knows she can usually pocket me as a witch, even if I'm looking out for it.

My rule of thumb with fonti is to ignore the tone, the volume, and even specific posts to a certain extent, and look at her overall body of work.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Yeah I was being slightly facetious with that. I could believe one or both as town at this point (most likely Jari, I think), but I'm kind of reserving judgment until tomorrow when we'll have more information.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

(I mean, I wasn't actually interested in your conversations. But I had to go past them to make sure I wasn't missing any of the good parts.)

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ebwop: oh yeah I forgot about that stanari/shadow not w/w thing that got posted by Newcomb which seemed fairly agreeable so hrm.

Think I need more game time where I'm not being super dumb to actually assess the remaining scum out of the prior townpool though.

14. fontisian

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/mountainous-mafia-2-murder-in-vanilla-town.37234/

Bop.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I probably shouldn't be saying this, but if I was mafia with Shadow, I would have shot my strongest priest read and then if they were proven to not be the priest (by, say. them actually being the dob), I would have pushed shadow to open with a red check on my second strongest priest or acolyte read (depending).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I would have just not dumpstered Shadow yesterDay.
    --- Post automerged ---

What information are you expecting to come out Tomorrow?

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Uhh, ok. He said my questions had been aggressive, I listed those questions and asked him what struck him as aggressive. How is that "placating" anyone?
    --- Post automerged ---
    @fontisian

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Well, failed soup is a possibility and there's some role-related stuff that might change some people's activity, but mostly we'll be able to actually threaten lynches again which will allow us to actually assess people again.

17. fontisian

"I asked what changed out of curiosity," specifically.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You're weirding me out. dude.

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Might've let your comment go if you hadn't fallaciously brought up MM#2 as if the "feels" you got from a mountainous game I played six months ago were supposed to match the feels you get from me this game. Am I playing differently? Absolutely. Am I playing worse? Possibly, I did have a looot more time then. Do either of those mean I'm scum? No, and its disappointing that you'd try to draw a conclusion like that
    --- Post automerged ---
    "out of curiosity if it was a specific thing in game that made you give it more effort". As in, I was curious as to the answer, hence my question, but that it didn't come from an "aggressive" basis.

19. fontisian

Ok.

I'm going to lynch you.

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Theeeere we go. At least now you're basing it off *this* game.