1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tinyhunt (mafia game) - SIGNUP THREAD

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by KaiDASH, Sep 8, 2011.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Tinyhunt (mafia game) - Signup Closed

-tinyhunt: A Mafia Variant-

created by Garcia1000 of sirlin.net, slightly modified by KaiDASH

This is a signup thread.

Signups are Closed

Sign up will open at 1pm friday, BRISBANE (+10 GMT) time. The first day phase will start at 1pm Monday, in the same time zone. To see what time this is in your timezone, click here.

The following people automatically have a spot, should they wish to take it, for running other Mafia games (Merrill, Zeitgeist) or for putting up with me as I thought about running tinyhunt.

Lutris, Merrill_II, Vira, MattSilver, Fiat, Kensington, Zeitgeist

Notes for Signup:

This is a 13 player game. I will also take 4 reserves, so I can replace people who do not meet the minimum activity requirement.

I would prefer people who have previously played in SW or DE (either one) to sign-up, as this game I don't think is complete newbie friendly. You are welcome to sign-up anyway, but a spot is not guaranteed even if you sign-up before others.

I expect people who sign-up to this game to be able to dedicate some amount of time towards playing it. Lurkers or people who just post one-liners aren't fun for anybody, and will be replaced.

If you're a currently living player in SW, other players will probably be given spots over you.

You must use QuickTopics to play in this game. There is further information about QuickTopics later in this post. If this is not acceptable to you, do not sign up.

I will also make an Observers QuickTopic if there are a few people interested in it, so PM me if you are.

The Mechanics:

Soup: Each Witch has one bowl of Soup that they may Drink on the Night of their choice. Only one Witch may drink Soup each Night. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies.

A successful Match will only give the 'so and so died' message. A failed Match will give a public message of the form 'Xanthippe attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [incorrect role], but failed.'

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend (random tiebreak). Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

If nobody votes for someone to be awarded Lump, he will be randomly assigned.

Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (random tiebreaks). "No Protect" is a valid vote. A successful Protection will prevent a Nightkill.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players.

Angels are given a QuickTalk to discuss in.

Death Curse: At the start of Night, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but are still allowed to post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse occuring.

Deaths: Roles are not revealed upon death.

Lynching: Lynch voting is a non-compulsorily majority vote that takes place during each day phase. If no majority is reached, the Judge (if alive) may pick someone to lynch.

Must-lynch: Lynch voting becomes plurality vote at 4 players or less (random tiebreak), and no-lynch is not allowed. When exactly two players remain at the start of a day phase, the win goes to (in order) Lump(faction of owner)/Judge(town)/Witch. The Desperado can tie with the Witch. All other roles lose to a Witch 1v1.

Day Phases & Lynch Voting: The Day Phase will last for a maximum of 48 hours, ending instantly when a Majority Lynch vote is reached. To ensure sufficient time for discussion each day, there are now two different types of Lynch votes:

• a Deadline vote, where your lynch vote will be counted at the end of the day.
    • a Standard vote, where your lynch vote is counted immediately.

To cast a Deadline vote, say: Deadline vote: Player
    To cast a Standard vote, say: Lynch vote: Player

You can rescind or change a Deadline vote at any time before the end of the Day Phase. You can do the same for a Standard vote at any time before a Majority Lynch is reached.

Night Phases last for 24 hours.

The Roles:

There will be exactly one of each role in this game.

THE TOWN:

You are the 'good' faction. You do not know who else is town (Exception: Acolyte) and you must work together to eliminate all Witches.

Priest:
    Abilities
    - Each Night, Check target player​

Acolyte:
    Abilities
    - You know the identity of the Priest​

Spiritualist:
    Abilities
    - You are informed of the Angel's Protection target.​

Judge:
    Abilities
    - If the Lynch vote is deadlocked or no-lynch, you may determine the Lynch target​

Vigilante:
    Abilities
    - You may Kill a target at Night if there were two consecutive mislynches. After a possible Vigilante Kill (whether used or not), the mislynch counter resets to zero.​

Eager Cadet:
    Abilities
    - The Angels know your identity.​

Martyr:
    Abilities
    - At Night, you may die to Save the player the Witches Kill​

Desperado:
    Abilities
    - You may die to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached.​

Dancer:
    Abilities
    - At Night, you may Dance to inform all players the next Day that 'the Dancer Danced'.​

Pope:
    Abilities
    - At the end of a Night when 4 or fewer players remain, you automatically Check all living players.​

THE WITCHES:

Each night phase, Witches decide by plurality vote who to Night Kill (random tiebreak).

Demon:
    Abilities
    - You are informed of the Priest's Check target.
    - Communication with other Witches via QuickTopics​

Occultist:
    Abilities
    - You are informed of the Angel's Protection target. If you are lynched on the first day, the Witches are informed of who the Eager Cadet is.
    - Communication with other Witches via QuickTopics​

Killer:
    Abilities
    - When you use Soup, if you are incorrect in your match AND you have killed 2 or less players with your Soup, the person you incorrectly Matched dies anyway. All other effects from incorrect Soup are as normal.
    - Communication with other Witches via QuickTopics ​

Etiquette:

For the enjoyment of everyone, all players are encouraged to follow these guidelines:
    • Please do not lie about real-life commitments! E.g. "I can't post for the next two days, because my cat died," when you did not have any such cat. This sort of behavior is outside the scope of the game.
    • Similarly, if someone says he will not be available due to real-life constraints, it is polite to believe him.
    • For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a role-playing game.
    • Keep the game stuff and non-game stuff separate! Mixing these things leads to tragedy.
    • If you are unable to be active, you will be replaced. Please let me know in advance if this is likely to happen.
    • Be nice! We're all playing to have fun. Disparage someone's skill if you must, but please avoid personal insults!

Rules:
    • Only living players may post in the thread.
    • You may not privately communicate with anyone except the moderator unless specifically allowed (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches and Angels.)
    • You may never edit posts in this thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in.
    • You may not quote private discussion (PM's or QuickTopics) in open chat, either automatically or manually.
    • You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
    • You are not only permitted to lie, you are encouraged to do so; you may claim any role at any time that you are allowed to discuss matters, and a good lie will almost certainly help your side!

QuickTopic

QuickTopics will be used to facilitate communication between players and the moderator (me). Also, they are used to make discussion between aligned groups easier (Witches, Angels). You must be prepared to use a QuickTopic if you signup for TinyHunt. It is the only way Witches or Angels are allowed to communicate.

Post in the following QuickTopic to acknowledge this: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/BRDcy6AsbS5C
    If you do not post in the QuickTopic above, your signup will be ignored.

Rules for QuickTopics
    • You must not share the URL of a QuickTopic with anybody else, whether they are in the game or not.
    • You must not edit a post you have made in a QuickTopic, for any reason.

Glossary
    • Protection: Immunity to normal Nightkills.
    • Lynch: The vote the town makes during the day to kill someone by majority vote.
    • Nightkill: The kill that results from the Witch vote.
    • Soupkill: The kill(s) that result from Witches successfully using Soup.
    • Witches: The evil faction trying to secretly convince town to destroy itself.
    • Innocents: Everyone who is not a Witch.
    • Check: The Priest's night action and the Pope's auto-ability; returns "good" for all Innocents, and "evil" for all Witches.
    • Majority Vote: A target is confirmed when more than half of eligible voters select that option.
    • Plurality Vote: A target is confirmed when it is the option with the highest number of votes at the end of voting. What happens in a tied vote is listed for each case using a Plurality vote.

Other stuff

Night Action Priority:
    • Soup and Soup Kill
    • Nightkill (Blocked by Angel Protect)
    • Vigilante Kill (even if Vigilante is killed)
    • Martyr Save (Only for a Nightkill)
    • Priest Check
    • Dancer Dance
    • Pope Check
    • Spiritualist, Occultist and Demon get their info at the end of the night

All role/witches/angels/etc QuickTopic intro posts (link)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    oooh, may I?

May I?

3. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Please sign me up. I need to wash out the taste of the SW Mafia game. I don't mind waiting for a spot.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll play. Bring it on, Kai~

5. Relic

Relic High Inquisitor

I'll play!

6. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

/me too

/filler

7. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hm. I think I'll pass on this one. Seems a bit too complicated, or maybe I'm just slow right now.

Maybe I'll start up a regular Mafia game once SW has concluded.

8. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

I want to give it a try, even if that means I have to wait. The roles seems detailed and very well thought-out. I'm really psyched to see this game happen!

Edit: Oh, and I have a question about the mechanics. The role of Desperado, can you further elaborate on it? The guy dies to determine a lynch target, so he chooses the target and in order to lynch the target, he has to kill himself?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I want to give this a shot.

Count me in Kai.

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When the post says "Sign ups start in 24 hours," can we not post requests to be signed up?

11. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I'll love to play.

12. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

It's KaiDASH's call. When I did SW, I gave people who did these "interest" posts a Sign-Up spot, simply because they were people who lived in America (i.e. a completely different time-zone from me) and thus would miss the official SU opening. And SW was designed specifically for those who missed DE II, so to deprive those people (most of whom missed the DE II sign-ups) wouldn't have been fair. xP

Anyway, here's my generic comment: "Sign me up, I'm uber-interested".

And Vira, get your butt onto irc. Pokemanz is quiet without you. xP

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  13. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Hey Kai. About that free spot...

:nyan:

EDIT: Nyancat says: "Give me that free spot."

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I barely understand the mechanics of it, but it seems just crazy enough to be hilarious. I'm in.

15. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

I'd like to play. Seems really interesting.

16. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Sounds like quite an interesting game. I'll be watching for sure.

17. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

Seems fun.

May I join? :D

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Am I to late? Didn't sign ups only start recently?

Anyway If there is space I'd love to play, sounds like fun.

EDIT: Ohh, sign ups start tomorrow, I forgot it was after midnight.... Ignore me >_> I'll post again tomorrow.

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

To people who tried to signed up - Signup is actually tomorrow =p Also be sure to read the section on QuickTopic.

Vesvius - It isn't so complex, and you can still decide to sign up tomorrow or whatever.

Irene - Yes, the desperado kills himself during the Day Phase in order to lynch somebody else. You can do this at any time before a Majority is reached. Does this answer your question?

Palindrome - Should play! It'll be fun :D

jwlk - You can make an account for QuickTopic as well, so nobody else can use your registered name. I'm not going to force people to sign up, but it's pretty recommended.

20. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Hell yes I want a spot, Kai. Thanks for offering me one in the OP - when I saw this thread I thought I'd definitely missed it.