1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned To Love Even In Death - Bleach - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by HiddenETC, Mar 14, 2006.

1. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

Title: To Love Even In Death
    Author: Raymomofo
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Romance
    Pairings: Harry/Susan (unless he changes his mind again), Hitsu/Hina (Bleach Characters)
    Crossover: Bleach
    Summary: Magic and Fate refuse to let Vernon Dursley take the life of young Harry Potter...Even if it means placing the young but living child into the realm of the dead...What happens when Harry must return to the realm from which he was born? HPBleach AU Year 4
    Link: here

It's a Bleach crossover, the only one I think, so those against anime might not be interested. The author gives a brief summary of the place Harry is in so you might not need to watch/read Bleach, but since I've watched it, I may have shrugged off some key details as ones everyone should know.

Though the spelling and grammar is rather nice, he did the Genius!Harry with the photographic memory, but seeing as a HPBleach crossover itself is unique, there's not much else he can cliche on until he moves the location back to the Harry Potter world.

Overall, I liked it, and it seems he started writing it again (no updates in like 4 months). There's been 2 chapters in like two days.

2. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

i lilked this story so far, but I guess thats because i'm a bleach freak...still story is done nicely so far.

3. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

I liked this fic too, though I didn't like the cliche' "long hair tied back with a <insert material here> hair tie". I agreed with everyone else that the Pairing should have been Harry/Soi and I actually do hope that the writer changes his mind again. The fic has a lot of potential to be "actiony" but the way that most Harry/Susan fics tend to be really fluffy has me worried.

4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Discontinued.

Bump for re-review.

5. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Discontinued

Bump for Review.

Edit: Amer beat me to it. :lol:

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

21k words is still fairly substantial, but no way does this belong in the library.

Beach is a pathetic series, so points docked immediately.

Then the crossover aspect leaves much to be desired:

That's it. One moment he's writing an actual story and then he just drops the italicized exposition right into the text. No gradual discovery. Not even a dialogue-exposition.

The guy has a mediocre writing style, but as a crossover this fails.

2/5.

7. AcheronBlake

AcheronBlake Squib

Hooray! A HPBleach Crossover

The concept behind the story is pretty good. What's there so far is interesting and not totally without its redeemable qualities. An update would be nice though.I do love the idea of Harry in Seireitei and then leaving and then coming back during Rescue Rukia arc. Hate the idea of lightninng zanpakuto though. Really could have though up something better, in what way does he symbolize lightning? He seems way too bubbly and happy in this story for a boy who remembers seing his mom killed right in front of him. And, although he is over a century old he hasn't gained any sense of caution or care, especially with his level on genius.

3/5