1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Clancy

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by emt10, Jul 8, 2006.

1. emt10

emt10 First Year

Does anybody read Clancy? I am on Debt of Honor, but couldn't find The Hunt for The Red October.

emt10

2. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Clancy is great. Red Storm Rising is my favorite of his works, though. Mainly because of the aerial stuff. I don't really enjoy reading about people in submarines...

3. CGB

CGB Auror

I too like Tom Clancy. Since I only read the German books, I'm not sure what the original titles are, but I liked especially "Rainbow Six". I think I read almoste every book with Jack Ryan.

4. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

Yeah, his fiction stuff is great I read all of it except Red Storm Rising and Rainbow Six. I thought that either The Hunt for Red October or The Bear and the Dragon was the best out of the series. I'd also like Without Remorse, its a great prequal that explains alot about why Clark is the way he is.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I tried, but I never could get into his stuff. This thematic always seemed better suited for movies than books anyways.

6. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

I disagree ip, I like the books better than the movies. I guess we have different taste. The books are just a bit hard to understand, especially the jargons on different fields that the books touch upon (submarine, etc.).

My favourite book is "Without Remorse", the story about Mr. Clark on who he was before being recruited by the CIA. Nice action and doesn’t have much unfamiliar jargons to me.

7. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

there is some buffy/tom clancy (rainbow six) fan fiction. I can't remember if it is on ff.net or twisting at the hellmouth, If you like clancy, these fan fic will do in a pinch. Does any one remember clancy/stargate or am I thinking west wing stargate???

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I've read The Hunt For Red October as well as several of his other books. The Hunt for Red October was the only one I could tolerate as a literary work... The others just annoyed the hell out of me.

9. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I tried desperatly to get into the Bear and the Dragon, but it was too much for me. Im not the best reader around and I got bored.

10. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Clancy is a great author. I've read all his books up to the Rainbow Six series (which I didn't like). But Red Storm rising and Debt of Honor are great books. The Hunt of the Red October is an all time favourite.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Moved to the Books discussion subforum. You're new, emt, so I won't get on your case about it. Just make sure to look at the subforums as well.

12. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Clancy is good, until he decides to add in a sex scene. I swear that he writes the worst sex scenes ever. His work has also deteriorated over the last few books as well, but his older work still kicks ass.

13. Sirhin

Sirhin First Year

Tom Clancy's books are pretty good. I've read through Rainbow Six, Hunt for the Red October, Without Remorse, and Patriot Games, with the last one being a personal favorite. I think I might've read one more but it's been a while so I'm not sure.

Anyway, good reading!

Sirhin