1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

TOMD 4: The Tribraggart Tournament

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Peace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I take the LSAT in November of this year. Dedicating an hour a night to practice until then....

*fingers crossed*

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

TOMW: Weight loss update: Lazy week last week combined with a massive cheat day (3800 calories in), but I'm still down 15 pounds so far for the year.

3. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Background: I teach a college class along with another instructor.
    TOMD: A student accidentally dropped a pack of condoms as he was sitting down for today's exam. We spent some time trying to decide whether we'd go the professional route ("Excuse me, you dropped something") or the embarrassing route ("What exactly did you expect at this exam?"). We went professional in the end. Still, poor guy took ages to stop blushing.

4. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He came into the test DTF? I'd of asked him what he thought this was supposed to be.

5. Chilli

It's finals week. Perhaps this was his last test and he had planned "celebrations" afterwards :)

6. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Auror DLP Supporter

Maybe that's how bad he thought he was going to get his meat packed by your final and came for safe receiving.

7. Chilli

Ha ha, I'll find out whether his nightmares came true when I grade it :)

8. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I found the perfect beer to go with this ridiculously good album.

27023539_10215553156213032_1283417629151503675_o.jpg

9. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's super artsy my mang.

10. Nazgus

Nazgus Death Eater

TOMD: Interviews have been falling into my lap left and right this semester. I get the feeling that they're just trying to make sure they have enough interns at this point to be honest. I'm probably gonna stick with the one I have since the company seems like a really good fit, but I'm happy to get some more practice in with these ones before I make my final decision.

11. Oz

Oz The Big Kahuna Moderator DLP Supporter

Off to go skiing in Poland in a few hours :D

12. pbluekan

pbluekan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I went and looked up that album. It is actually ridiculously good. The Ten Crack Commandments and Victory remixes especially.

13. Teyrn

Teyrn Groundskeeper

TomYesterday: Fucked my foot up somehow. Toe joint is swollen and painful.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

TOMD: I'm building a new workbench in the basement. It's 8 feet long and 40 inches deep. I scaled it up from a 48 x 24 plan I had sitting around, but forgot to recalculate the beam deflection. Whoops! It's kind of significant, so I'm going to add supports every 3rd joist to reduce it.

Decided to do this because my carpentry skills are garbage, and need improvement. Can't wait for tomorrow when I get to finish it!

15. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TOMD: Had a meeting at a dealership with one of their sales reps, to talk about buying a new car. The fools thought I wouldn't have done my research beforehand and tried to upcharge the MSRP by a grand. Okay then, time to play hardball.

I bullied them into dropping by 3500, and now I'm giving them two days to stew over it. Meanwhile, I'm playing coy. The end of the month is on Wednesday, so by Monday or Tuesday, they should be nice and desperate.

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    TOMWeek: It began with a scratchy throat. By Thursday my nose was leaking. Friday I started coughing like a lung cancer patient. Saturday, fever and chills. It's 4 am on a Sunday and I can't even sleep this shit off because I spent most of the weekend so far in bed. I feel a tiny bit better than a few hours ago (chills went away), so I'm hoping it's on the downslide now.

I hope it's just one fuck of a cold, because if it's the flu, then I might just eat some dirt to catch a dozen bacterial infections and help the process along. I haven't felt this shitty in a while.

17. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The last car negotiation I did was for a friend. Went in at the end of the month and told them that everything in the negotiation was separate (financing, car trade in, and purchase price of the new model.) I told them they would get exactly one warning for breaching these terms, and that if they tried it again we would walk. Within 10 minutes they'd gotten their first warning. Toward the end of the negotiation three hours later they did it again, and we told them we were leaving.

Left the dealership. Buddy got a call later that day 5% below his (already offensively low) starting offer on the car he wanted, his terms for financing (through his credit union), and the trade in value previously agreed to.

I'm fairly certain that they didn't make money on that transaction.

18. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    Get to the doctor bro. You've got to win that Flamingo Modship at 2k posts still, ya can't just go belly up with less than 200 posts remaining.
    edit: p.s. Seriously though. Get well soon, hope you're on the mend now.

19. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The sales rep agreed suspiciously readily to my first line of attack, which makes me think that I haven't dug deep enough into their weak spots yet. Anybody willing to give up the goods that quickly is hiding something.

20. silentclock

silentclock Headmaster DLP Supporter

Stayed up late (early?) to watch Federer win Slam number 20 in Australia. Actually watched all 7 of his matches live this year. My sleep schedule is fucked, but totally worth it.