1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tower of God (Webtoon/Manhwa)

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by LT2000, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

Kaiser appears. Confirmed female. I wonder what Kaiser's 'real identity' is. I'm 50/50 that they've probably already been mentioned before. To continue with the parallels between Kaiser + the 10 Lords & Zahard + 10 Families, and the high level of support Kaiser has, I'm half expecting Kaiser to be another Princess.

Another similarity is that Kaiser is protected by a Guardian pact, just like how Zahard made a pact so that no Regulars can kill him. I expect this to be a plot point later when Baam lolno's during Kaiser/Androssi rematch because he's an irregular.

We begin to see what Leesoo's plans and plots were. Parakewl would be proud of the REVOLUTION.

Androssi shows up.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Where did Viole get the wig again? Don't even care, looks cool. Also nice to see him want to fight for once.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

As long as he backs the talk up correctly, anyway. If he comes out blustering like that and then underperforms, he's just going to look stupid.

4. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

With all the previous powerups that we haven't really seen the full extent of, it will be good to finally see a battle where he is forced to go all out.

He likely won't though. :/

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Honestly, I don't feel like this is even a battle that should force him to go all-out. Compared to the opponent he had in the previous arc, Kaiser seems very ordinary. Some D-Class Regular really pales in comparison to the shade of a FUG Slayer. Baam should faceroll this match without breaking a sweat, though I have my doubts as to whether SIU will allow him to do so.

6. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

New chapter is out. Last chapter we get a big reveal about who the twin Princesses are aligned with and now this chapter shows a certain someone in the train.

7. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

A pretty good chapter, it summed up a whole lot of stuff and primarily showed the viewpoints/motivations of a bunch of other characters.

E.g. It seems like Yuri actually wanted Baam to lose to Kaiser so that she could buy him as a way to save him from FuG. (Or to be her boytoy, who knows!)

8. Mister Ferro

A wild Guardian corpse has appeared!!!

That's right Bam and the gang finally arrived at the Floor of Death in the newest chapter.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    New chapter is up!

Bam reveals incoming! Finally! And Hell Joe trying to take control of the dead administrators shisnu. Sounds like a good skill for Bam to steal haha.

10. Mister Ferro

This is it!

The Oh Fuck chapter, the big reveal into who Bam is.

11. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

These last few months have been just mammoth chapter after mammoth chapter & reveal after reveal. If you've been sitting out on ToG waiting for a bunch of chapters to build up, I would heartily suggest diving right back in.

12. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy fuck. That was amazing.

I hate that Baam is a child of prophecy, but everything else about the big reveal was pretty awesome. It's great to finally know Rachel's motivation too.

Jahad... he's being made too much of a generic villain though imo.

Baam is such a nice kid that destiny or no, I doubt he'll end up killing Jahad and finishing his parents' vengeance, though he'll probably end up saving the tower or something. Light for the future etc. Well, unless Jahad is written as the absolute evil final boss. He did end up killing Baam as a baby, so he'll probably try to kill him again, at least.

13. Mister Ferro

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So is anyone else here still following this? It's grabbed my interest back lately.

15. Mister Ferro

Lol at Rachel's plan going to shit!

That last panel in the newest chapter is sure to lead to fun times for the group.

16. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've been meaning to catch up. Will prioritize now that you're reviving it.

17. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

https://discord.gg/PrPZnGh

Best place to discuss Tower of God imo.

Plus, since the introductions to previews in webtoons, to my knowledge it's the only place that translates and allows discussion of raw previews (the subreddit doesn't unfortunately).

18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

That's the least of the subreddit's problems, LOL. So many Rachel cucks over there. I miss the old forums at Batoto.

19. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

A lot of people from Batoto are on the discord (Cletus translates the previews for us on Sundays)

20. Mister Ferro

The new chapter is out & it was all about the ramifications over the ending to last week's chapter. Also this happened:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]