1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Trading Favors by Guile - T [Naruto]

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by methor, Mar 27, 2018.

1. methor

methor Fourth Year

Title: Trading Favors
    Author: Guile
    Rating: T
    Fandom: Naruto
    Pairings: N/A
    Summary: The ninja world revolves around its elite geniuses, its powerful bloodlines, its living legends. Tenten has none of those things. Maybe she can borrow one of Naruto's? Admittedly, the Leaf's legendary Sannin is far more ridiculous, contrary and perverted than she ever expected, but Gai-sensei didn't raise quitters.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12393623/1/Trading-Favors

This is a comedy about TenTen in the month before the last stage of the Chunin Exam. TenTen is characterized as a mooch who will stop at nothing to leach training or free service from her neighbors and acquaintances.
    It is the funniest story I've read in a month.
    "You don't know what she's like," the man in his 40s with a carpenter's physique that had replaced Shimon said. "She may just be a genin ninja, but she's an S-class wheedler. She'll jump on any social obligation and never let go! If you give her the chance she'll suck you bone dry like a withered husk. It's better now that she's working under Jounin Gai, but I'm not giving her another chance. Once she has you once, it's hard to get a minute away. She was always showing up, cutting into my downtime, begging me for more!"

"... I know we say that genin are considered adults, but that still sounds like a crime," Tonbo whispered dubiously.

"For techniques, idiot," Shimon hissed back. "She bats those pretty eyes and is all 'Sempai, could I have a minute of your time? Maybe just a quick tutorial in throwing techniques?' or 'I'm having trouble getting this seal technique down, could you-?' and then she's latched on like a limpet. If the pepper buns weren't so good here, I'd be gone like a shot."

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. Nicovi

Nicovi Fourth Year

A technically competent story told from a rare perspective.

But there are not enough jokes to warrant the Humor label.
    Based on the last chapter it actually tries to become a serious tale, though a tad dull one at the moment.

Maybe it will decide what it wants in the future, but seeing how the last chapter was half a year ago I guess
    the author gave up on it.

3.5 rounded down.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I've noticed a couple Tenten fic here recently, this being one of them. I liked the other one more than I thought I would considering that I primarily read Naruto for Naruto. Not the other way around.

Tenten as a mooch that will do anything to succeed is neat, it outlines the struggle of someone from a non-clan family that would otherwise struggle to get the training they need. The humor isn't forced, I am wary of reading anything that is humor related especially anime humor because it seems to bring out the worst in some authors.

This wasn't that bad.

3/5