WIP Traitor's Face by Loopy777 - T - Avatar the Last Airbender

Discussion in 'Other Review Board' started by 99redbloons, Jul 5, 2018.

1. 99redbloons

99redbloons Second Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Traitor's Face
    Author: Loopy777
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Supernatural
    Library Category:
    Pairings: Aang/Mai
    Summary: Aang awakes from his century-long hibernation to look up into Fire Nation eyes, and Mai finds that her trip to the South Pole has taken a turn for the exciting. In this Alternate Universe, the only thing more powerful than love is the call of betrayal. (This is going to be a long one, and WILL NOT rehash the cartoon.)
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10942328/1/Traitors-Face

This is a fire nation won AU with a few points of departure before the timeline of when the show would have started. The one that has had the biggest impact so far is that Iroh choose to join the navy rather than the army.

The author nails the characters in my opinion and they all show a lot of growth. The plot is completely original with absolutely no rehash of canon. The climax of each act is wonderful and includes some great twists.

There are also a few new things added in, my favourite being the non-bender version of the Agni Kai which featured prominently in the middle of the third act.

So far the author has just started the fourth act with five acts planned in total and has a pretty good update rate.

It's honestly the best A:tLA fic that I've ever read. 5/5

2. NuitTombee

NuitTombee Dark Lord

I really want to like it, but I'm always apprehensive about possible betrayal plots. I always get to about the fleeing part shortly after the correspondence, but the possible future scares me off.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

Edited your thread to put that it's AtLA in the title.

4. fire

fire High Inquisitor

Read this some time ago. Solidly good, and pretty original, as one can expect from loopy777.