1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tree of Savior

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sephiroso, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

I'm curious to know how many of you guys, if any, are signed up and going to be playing in the upcoming Na/Eu Tree of Savior closed beta on the 25th. Also even if not, if you guys are looking forward for the game to be finished.

I still remember the great times Ragnarok Online has brought me and I really hope Tree of Savior can deliver an equal if not better experience. For those of you who don't know, Tree of Savior is a korean(i think) mmorpg that's been developed by the same lead developer that made Ragnarok Online(no affiliation with Ragnarok Online 2).

Tree of Savior has been dubbed the "spiritual successor" to Ragnarok Online as it shares many of the same gameplay elements, and especially graphic style. The class system is different, but reminiscent of RO's at the same time.

But yea, just trying to gauge interest in the game and possibly see if there's a couple people here that will be playing in the CB to see if we could party up sometime possibly.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not playing in the Closed Beta but I have a group of friends that most likely will be. If you want to PM me your details I can pass them along after.

3. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I remember RO being the only MMO that I actually liked; I also remember loving the private servers with the increased exp/drop/money rates because I am not a patient man.

I'd like to try ToS out but I don't have a key sadly.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  5. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I've been playing it. So far there really isn't anything unique at all about the game. It looks nice, but the combat is pretty generic, the maps are pretty generic, and the grinding is pretty generic.

So far it seems the character customization in the classes and stuff is the only real draw. It does have a lot of room to expand. I imagine creating content for a game like this wouldn't be too difficult. It could have a lot of replay-ability farther down the road with more development.

6. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

RO felt like that a bit, you could do alot of things with customizing how your head looked considering that was the only thing you could change around visually.