1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

True Warriors Never Die by Kenchi618 -M (Naruto/Bleach)

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Tasoli, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Title: True Warriors Never Die
    Author: Kenchi618
    Rating: M (onFFN)
    Genre: Action/Adventure/General
    Pairing: Author didn't list it but it will Naruto/Yoruichi I think.
    Summary: With enough time anyone can call themselves a master of life, but no matter how much time goes by one cannot truly understand existence as a whole without first having experienced death. How will one blonde handle his brush with it? "Wait, what was that?

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6701262/1/True_Warriors_Never_Die

I have looked to list of stories it wasn't there so I am putting it for review.

Story is good I liked crossover handled well but it gives vibes of multiple pairings but it isn't main point of it so I ignored that parts. Overall very enjoyable.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It's a guilty pleasure fic considering the hero of the story is an immortal Gary Stu

3. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

It's a Kenchi fic - it pretty much describes itself. Interesting concept, good update rate, but definitely a guilty pleasure.

Belongs in the recycle bin, I think.

4. azrael

azrael Professor

I'm frequently astonished at the fact that he has like 6 or 7 WIPs and all of them are updated regularly. I don't see how he can keep that kind of pace. It's also slightly off-putting that half of his stories include harems. In regards to this particular story, I'd definitely agree with calling it a guilty pleasure.

5. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Once a guilty pleasure author, always a guilty pleasure author. Kenchi's works all seem to follow the same vein: What if series X was crossed with series Y and the main character is a God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals? Let's see what happens!

I definitely like this one more than his Naruto/OnePiece story, since I like Bleach more and the pacing is better. And Hidan is pretty funny all around.

But this really does feel like an alternate version of Shinobi of the High Seas; here's your enemy, now build up a crew, train them, then go forth and rape.

/meh. 3/5

6. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The writing is mediocre, especially in the opening chapter, and obviously the story all revolves around Super!Naruto. But honestly, it's not bad; the writing is tolerable, the characters are handled well in most cases, and it has a good pace.

I'm pretty sure that my lack of familiarity with Bleach and its canon events makes this feel more original to me, and I enjoy Super!Naruto in most cases; I rate it as 3.5/5

7. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

It's mostly new material even if you know Bleach - if anything, his stories don't really rehash canon.

8. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I don't know, I actually don't like this story that much. Perhaps it's because it's too similar to his other stories, and the character feels the exact same. Perhaps if I've never read any of his other stories before, I would rank it a 3-3.5/5. However, I can only give it a 2/5 now.

The whole little bee queen bee makes me gag too. Especially when Soi Fon blushes to it -,-.

I think the biggest problem to the story is that the protagonist doesn't change, and probably never will.

9. dr4ehead

dr4ehead Squib

There really isn't much to say about this story that hasn't already been said. The beginning for me felt relatively new, but I agree with Palindrome that a lack of familiarity with Bleach might have contributed to that.

Normally that like of familiarity would be a problem when trying to get into the story, but he does a fairly good job making it accessible. And with EsperJones saying it isn't really a canon rehash then I think it was a job well done.

The main draw for this story, and I think for all his stories, is the sheer amount that is written for them. He has been averaging at about ~1500 words per day for this story, which is quite respectable seeing as he has 6 other regularly updated stories.

It's pretty well written and the writer seems to keep churning out material so you don't lose interest; I would give it a 3.5/5