1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Uchiha Fukurou by ToBetasered - T - Naruto/Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Palver, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Title: Uchiha Fukurou
    Author: ToBetasered
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure
    DLP Category: Naruto
    Pairing: n/a
    Chapters: 23
    Words: 89,349
    Updated: May 3, 2012
    Published: July 4, 2011
    Summary: Uchiha Fukurou was conceived when at the same moment, in another universe, Old Man Potter died.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7145519/1/Uchiha_Fukurou

Never thought to see the Naruto/HP crossover that doesn't suck. Good idea, reincarnated old Harry Potter as an Uchiha at the same age as Itachi, with severely limited magic.

Checked: June 11, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  2. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The narration is drier than the summer in Texas this year and he could really use a good beta, but like Palver pointer out, its very rare to see a Naruto/HP crossover that isn't utterly ridiculous.

The idea is good and the best thing the author did IMO, was to not waste too much time giving stupid descriptions of Harry's move from HP to Naruto-verse. Also, magic in not ignored (simply very limited or transformed in interesting ways) nor is his past. The author makes no secret of the fact that Harry, a powerful wizard who retained memories from his past life, is only limited in power by his physical age (and is actually limited because of it).

Still, a point off for the dry telling and average presentation. 3/5

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  3. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Like Vylos said, it's a bit dry for my regular tastes, but it manages to avoid the pitfalls of other HP/Naruto fusions I've seen, and manages to give fairly decent explanations for why Harry isn't a god among mortals in this magic-less land. The age thing bugged me at first, but the author doesn't beat you over the head with it, and it seems to work out after a few chapters of getting used to it. It helps a lot that the Uchiha are a fucked up mental lot to begin with, and some of the interactions are pretty funny.

That said, it sometimes feels like the main character is a SI character who happens to borrow some of Harry's experiences or powers, as opposed to a reincarnation of the Harry Potter from the books thrown across the screaming void of the afterlife, esp the post DH crap (which this adheres to). The only thing that keeps me from ripping some of the authorial choices is that he does most of his story decisions in a fairly logical, well thought out manner that is reasonably compliant with Naruto canon - I'll put up with the events that just stretch my suspension of belief for the HP-verse.

End result is a fairly wordy story with average fight scenes, something that's worth reading when it updates, but not to count down the days until the next chapter. 4/5 because it's definitely above and beyond the rest of the crossovers out there, but points off because it could use some improvements.

4. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

4/5 from me.

The author is doing a marvelous job of showing just how many different sides there are vieying for control in early Konoha, and his constant comparison to Itachi keeps his powers reasonable. You want to root for the main to be independant, and watching him navigate the minefield of alliegances is very interesting to watch, and is only going to get more entertaining.

5. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Since I'm caught up in said dryness myself I know just how harsh that statement really is. It's not that dry.

6. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I definitely like this. The pacing is good and runs smoothly. The part with Orochimaru was just hilarious. 4/5

7. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I'm really enjoying this. As has already been said, the depiction of Konoha during this specific time frame is perfect. Danzou's machinations, the grumblings of the Uchiha clan, Orochimaru's betrayal, Madara's manipulation of the Mizukage, the kidnapping of Hinata - nothing has been left out and with Fukurou/Harry's inclusion in the timeline, events are set to diverge in an interesting way.

Also, Fukurou's weapon of choice has rarely been handled so well in Naruto fan fiction.

The story is somewhat dry but that doesn't bother me. I think it makes up for this failing by doing a great job of mixing concepts from HP with Naruto.

4/5

8. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I am not disappointed, one of the best Naruto/HP cross-over, can't wait for more chapters. It got everything I always wanted from Harry being reincarnated as Uchiha.
    4.5/5

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, this is a good HP/Naruto crossover, I'll be awaiting updates quite eagerly.

4/5

10. Blazing Chime

Blazing Chime Second Year

It's rare to find decent HP/Naruto crossover.

4/5

11. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

It is unfortunately dry... but it seems to fit, somehow. His other stories, however, are nigh unbearable. This is by far his best writing, and I very much like this ultra-uchiha Harry he has created.

3.5/5

12. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

A surprisingly good read. 4/5

13. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

How necessary is a knowledge of Naruto to enjoy this? I've never seen the show, or read anything about it, including fanfiction, but I'm desperate for entertainment.

14. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Probably a lot, I'm afraid. It's centered in the Naruto world, and magic is only referenced when Harry's trying to figure out how it applies to this world.

yak
  15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You could get through it with judicious use of Wiki, but the author doesn't really go out of their way to explain things or reveal the world to Harry/Fukurou as he discovers things. Important characters are also only introduced by name several times with the assumption that you already know who they are and how their actions played out in canon to get the full impact of their scenes.

Still, if you know the Narutoverse, it's a great fic. Certainly one of the better HP/N crosses out there. Some of the scenes where ninjas unknowingly fall afoul of Harry/Fukurou's wards are hilarious. 4.5/5.

16. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

The thing I like the best about it? He dosen't know about the Nine-Tails like most people automatically make their character do in fics like these and then go out of his way to help Naruto- I hope this continues and to him Naruto is just a loud mouth orphaned troublemaker or something like that...

3.5/5

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I really like this story as it's the first HP/Naruto cross that is readable for me. Of course, it could be better in many aspects, for enjoyment itself I give it 3.5/5 rounded to full 4.

Also, from the last chapter (ninth):

:awesome

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I agree -- not bad at all. Probably a 4/5 from me I guess? Maybe a 3.5, but 4 for the thread at any rate.

I'm a little surprised that Harry barely gives any thought to things he misses about his old life. He thinks about it, compares magic to chakra, and sometimes has recollections about old friends, but he never seems to miss anything or anyone. Maybe he was just so prepared for the next great adventure though that he just took it in stride.

With the most recent chapter (9) I'm curious as to where the author is going with this -- they are stirring awake Voldemort with the ANBU training? Or not? Or what? That just doesn't seem to fit, but I guess time will tell.

All in all it's a pretty good read. I like how Fukarou/Harry is most comfortable with mid-long range combat because of his previous experiences as a wizard, but his skill in close range combat is due to his Uchiha nature. I like that he's of an age with Itachi, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens between now and the time that canon!Naruto starts. I'm actually sort of hoping that Harry/Fukarou will have some interaction with a young Naruto.

Edit: And yes, like others said, this story does require decent knowledge of Naruto to enjoy I think.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Voldemort is dead and gone. Harry was referring to, presumably, the darker side of what he had become in his past life. Voldemort's equal in fact, rather than just in name.

20. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Yes like Aekiel said, it was mentioned in the aspect of Harry being master of death, defeater of at least two dark lords including Voldemort, which that sentence refereed to as his "equal", it could have been written more clearly. I like how sharingan strengthens mind magic, also the whole explanation of yin-yang chakra it all fit nicely with what we know of canon Naruto (For example Madara being alive). I think that author, is making Harry too strong. He is much stronger then canon Itachi, and he has many skills left, but he is still little helpless in changing their opinions. The way it's going I wouldn't be surprised if he become fifth hokage.