1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Uchiha Fukurou by ToBetasered - T - Naruto/Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Palver, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Story feels like it's going downhill with the last chapter. Not sure why, but maybe the writing is sloppier? Or else the author is just moving out of a comfort zone when he was able to focus more on Harry? Eh. Perhaps I'm wrong.

2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I definitely agree, although things are still happening, it feels Boring. So Fukurou has taking over root and is doing missions very efficiently. But what are his motivations or reasons? To protect his clan? There's just a huge lack of character development. Perhaps it's because I don't see where this story is trying to go. The author also said that Sasuke and Naruto would be showing up more often soon, hopefully he won't be rehashing canon too much.

3. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I don't like how this is structured. It's almost like Ocean's 11 - shit happens, and then, in the end, how it happened is explained. Fukurou is the ultimate ninja, and quite the Gary Stu. Even with him being OP and unbelievable, the story would still be MUCH better with a more active writing style - the fight scene, for one, was pretty dry.

Down to a 3/5, and the prospects don't look good.

4. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

This story has jumped the shark. Proceed at your own risk.

5. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Agree with the two posters above. The chapter was almost unbearable. If I could rate this single chapter alone, it'd be a 2/5

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reading the latest chapter, and I'm pretty sure the author just gave Fukurou a lightsaber.

Also, I'm not getting the hate for this fic. I'm enjoying it, and look forward to each update. It's quite a fun read.

7. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Like it was mentioned lasts chapters are rather dull, dry and overall boring...
    I would love to see some action between Fukurou and 3 Uchiha ladies ;D Incest is awesome

8. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    I don't mind the style of writing all that much; as long as the fic keeps updating I'm enjoying the premise enough that it doesn't bother me. Also....

Why the fuck is there a Yaoi banner in your sig?

9. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

For laughs. Also maybe it will be irritating some people. :devil:
    About a fic, I'll still read it and try enjoy it because, it's still one of best naruto/hp there is.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  10. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Oh, it's no question that's it one of the best Naruto/Hp fanfic out there. Although that's not exactly the best standards to measure up to. Perhaps the good writing in the beginning brought my hopes up for a decent fic, but really, it's fallen back to average. It seems like with every passing chapter, more cliches are introduced in as well (the bad ones). And like I said before, there's no plot or character development worth mentioning in the latest chapter and just feels like filler filler filler to me until Akatsuki comes along.

11. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

What really gets my goat is that the author plans to move through canon, including the Zabuza fight and probably all the significant events of Part 1.

Goddamnit! When will authors learn that following canon is not the best option! Just fucking make it up, you're an author for fucks sake! It just pisses me off so much.

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I've mostly lost interest in this story now. I suppose it still deserves a 3/5, but I can't really bring myself to get excited over an update any longer.

13. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

The real make or break for this in my eyes will be if any other HP characters show up, particularly in an antagonist role. That would be a nice twist, having the same advantages as "Harry" they'd serve as a decently balanced conflict.
    It would also make this feel like a real crossover, rather than a handwavy way to write an OC/Self Insert without the stigma of writing "so one day I woke up in Naruto world!1!".

14. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I dunno, I rather liked the last chapter (with the wind-fire-lightning kekkei tota lightsaber). Granted the two before it were just dry filler.

I'm getting the impression that the mounting border conflicts between Konoha and Kumo could escalate to war, which would completely and utterly prevent a rehash of canon. Fukurou's presence in the timeline should have changed everything so much that a retelling of canon events is just about impossible anyway.

I think the most pressing issue for this story is how the author plans to deal with Naruto. In canon, he's the protagonist. In this, it's Fukurou/Harry. If the events of the storyline hinge too much on Naruto, it'll be lousy. Thanks to Fukurou's massive Marauders' Map, he'll be a lot more capable than Danzou ever was. His Black Ops team is also much stronger than canon Root, so he should be able to accomplish some great things... like taking the fight to Orochimaru and Akatsuki.

15. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

With the release of the newest chapter, I get the feeling things are going to get generic really fast.
    And if Fukurou becomes a sage, this shit is over.

16. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I'd be more appreciative of the rapid updates if the chapter's had any substance. Nothing is happening - not really - and the paragraphs of recollection are starting to grate on my nerves, not to mention the author still makes no mention of the new techniques Fukurou develops until after the fact. With every chapter, my opinion of the story drops.

17. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I agree. I had high hopes for this story, but i stopped reading it after chapter 12, it was just way to stupid.

18. syed

syed Supermod

HArry will use Naruto as a magnets for trouble. He will see to it that the knucle head is trained to be an awesome shinobi, so that were ever he goes, he is watched. While the Bad Guys watch and prepare for him, Harry and his men will sneak in the back.

Seriously, the container of the most powerful demon in the world and the last of a powerful clan, he is a huge threat that must be watched.

19. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    Syed...please, please take the time to look over what you post. Correct spelling and grammar is a virtue.

Make is also a good post for a thing to sense.

20. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Please don't infect others threads, just go back to Santi's.