1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned [Unchained] by [lucifael75] - [NC-17]

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by dragon_89, May 28, 2008.

1. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

Not a bad smut fic, with decent writing style and dialogue. Basically, if you can dream a heterosexual pairing, this Harry's on his way to get it done. I'm counting Patil, Brown, Greengrass, Davis, Tonks, Delacour, Bones(Soon, methinks), possible Lovegood, Granger, Weasley, Black x2.

It's a guilty pleasure, one that is sadly followed by "Marriage Contracts," if not purely for the Daphne-factor. Cliches have to be ignored, including Harry becoming this super-man whose abilities range to pleasuring women with the barest of contacts, and the attraction of just about every woman to him, to flicking people around as if they're mere ants.

There are some laughable moments, however. It's not a bad fic for light-hearted ignorance but nothing in favor of a serious, darker read.

2. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Frankly, some of the critics here should be pleased at the fact that not everyone in this fic is a sex god/goddess. I think it's hilarious how Cho utterly fails at sex and her idea of pillow talk is horrific.

Pretty much the only thing she got right is showing up with a pair of breasts and a vagina. When your partner spends the entire time either laughing at you or wincing in pain, 'You're Doing It Wrong'.

3. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I'm with Sesc about the Lavender thing. That came from nowhere, but I don't have as much of a problem as he did.

Unfortunately, now it seems to be incorporating every possible harem cliche, and a number of others.

Yet I'm still reading...

For that, I'm giving it a 2.5/5. It isn't something I'd read again, that's for sure. There are so many cringe worthy moments in this fic that it is not funny, but I still want to read on. Points for that.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  4. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

I'm really liking this story. I did skip over a lot of the first chapter, though. I like the happy Harry idea, but I dislike how it mentions he used to be different every two minutes causing the author to further emphasize the point that Harry is different.

We know already, damn.

I give it a 4/5 for the lulz it gave me.

5. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Whenever I read stories like these, my first thought is 'guilty pleasure' and that's alright with me. The thing is, guilty pleasure fics shouldn't be promoted fics, if that makes any sense. I read these when I know most here at DLP won't, so why would we ever try and put it in the Library? Maybe make a Guilty Pleasures Thread and add in all of those cliche'd stories that most here can't stand, but most definitely don't try to put this in the Library. I'm giving it a 1/5 just to cut down on the star rating more.

6. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Maybe because a library with guilty pleasures is a library that's used more often? Having worked in a public library, I can say that a lot of the fiction that was checked out would be considered guilty pleasures.

There's already an Almost Recommended thread that would work perfectly for these cases.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  7. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Not really, the Almost Recommended thread is for when you're desperate enough for something to read that you'll take something substandard. A thread dedicated to 'guilty pleasure' fics - shallow as hell but just as fun - now that would fill another niche entirely.

8. OdinMage

OdinMage Fourth Year

I will admit to loving Siege's (the author's older nick) work, but until this story I had only read his Xander-centric Buffyverse fanfic. I agree with others, that it's always uber-powerful, harem having male lead, but I like that.... the writing might not be the most clean, but the stories are good, and cliches can be over looked, especially considering the fact that, as far as I know, he doesn't really read HP fanfic, so an idea he's never seen isn't cliche to him...

I'll give this a 4/5 because I love Siege, but I admit the writing could be better.

9. King Dimension

King Dimension First Year

I really like this and have been following this at his yahoo group (there at ch15); its 'fucking' with 'story' [even if its a story with super-powerful and harem Harry--but that's what's fun about it, so whatever.] You don't see too many of these at ficwad. Guilty pleasure indeed.

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

So, how does one join this Yahoo group? Whenever I try to load any part of it, it just says that the group is for members only, with no option to join.

11. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

You have to e-mail the author to join.

12. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Ah. Thanks much.

13. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

I must retract my earlier rating, as I have come to actually enjoy this story, despite the fact that I really wish I didn't. The smut is surprisingly well written, considering the average quality of fan-fiction sex, and it fits well with the tone of the story.

It's an enjoyable read, not much actual substance (although the author is obviously trying) and the few problems don't really bother me all that much, at least not enough to stop reading it.

As a fairly well written, enjoyable read, I hereby rate it 4/5.

14. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I kinda like the story. The cho scene was like a car crash, horrible, but you just have to stare. The Lavender thing has me wondering "what is going on".
    I like the "I am not going to marry you" thing, Or is it the young man sowing wild oats thing? 3/5 Keep it in the bin.

15. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Erm.....Dragon's have harems. As for Lavender, her addiction was cut off and now she's being a bitch. The Cho scene was....hilarious as hell, best sex scene EVAR!

16. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    If this wasn't a Harem and just Harry hooking up with as many girls as possible it would be 5/5. As it is I can't in good conscience give this 5/5 but I will give it 4/5.

17. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This is indeed a guilty pleasure fic.

4/5

18. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

19. shadetz x

shadetz x Second Year

It was a decent read but that was about it. The story did not have the WOW quality to it that the better stories have. The author introduced conflicts but were easily resolved as Harry was so super-powered. The plot seemed to focus on Harry getting more girls to add to his collection. I give this a 3.5/5.

20. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

The most recent chapter was pretty poor, in my opinion. This, though, is mainly because I detest Bellatrix in this situation. The author has taken the simple, cliche route and made Bella perfect by saying she was forced. The sex was epic in the sense that it was perfect for both of them, and subsequently completely unrealistic. I forced myself through it all, but didn't enjoy it as I did any of the others. Here's hoping Bella takes a back seat for the rest of the story.