1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Uncharted 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Teishou, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Teishou

Teishou Disappeared

High Score:
    So, the fourth installment is coming out next month, on the 26th. Who else is excited for the new game? I can't wait to go climbing up everything, only to fall to my doom with a horrified shout of "NAAAAAATE!"

2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry kiddo, game has been delayed to May 10

Pre-Ordered from Amazon Prime with that sweet 20% discount.

I've already played 1 (review up soon) and I'm playing 2 now, I played up to the penultimate chapter on PS3 and the blue guys fucked me up too hard over and over and I gave up, but I have the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 now so I'll be beating 2 and 3 in time for 4 in May.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I didn't have so many games to play already, I'd play through the trilogy again too, if only for the 60 fps.

Can't wait for the game. On total media blackout.

4. Teishou

Teishou Disappeared

High Score:
    Delayed, huh? That sucks... That initial release lined right up with my holidays. Bah, whatever. Drake's worth it.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Meh, it's Uncharted, you can probably finish it in a weekend if you're determined.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Oh god, this game is bonkers amazing, and I've barely fired a gun yet!

CRASH IS BACK ON PS4 LOL BEST EASTER EGG EVER!

7. Gengar

High Score:
    From what I've played so far, it's certainly a contender. It'll have stiff competition though.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Beaten on hard. I was cursing everyone who works at ND with a horrible plague by the end. Fuck heavies.

10/10. Even with still kinda hating large scale combat.

Can't say much more without spoilers.

9. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Just finished.

10/10

I normally care little for graphics so long as the gameplay etc; are good enough but this game was beautiful, the gameplay was amazing, the story while I suppose you could say it had a bit of cliche to it was still superbly told and I think it might be the best I've ever played.

Although I'm not sure if that's sheer recency bias. ND did everything expected and surpassed it.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Speaking of graphics, now that you've beaten it, purchase and apply the different filters. Being able to play the game in cell shaded and 8-bit mode is hilarious.

As for the story...

I thought it was super unique, in that it already happened centuries ago, and you're piecing it together along with the characters.

Oh, and dat Epilogue. The nostalgic Easter Egg made me laugh out loud too.

11. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I did like that aspect, in terms of cliche I meant the overarching Modern Day plot although there were a few moments I didn't expect.

I was surprised Sam didn't die on the boat, when they were walking back to Sully's plane I was also expecting Sam to shoot Sullivan and go after the treasure. Had this super ominous feeling as they were walking back.

All in all I guess I was surprised by the lack of a surprise.

I did like following the pirates as well. Made it a point to collect everything I could to try and get the whole back story, sad to say I never quite figured Avery had gone insane until the path to the treasure and "The hands that stole from me".

Epilogue was great though, one of my favorite levels, up there with Scotland and when you reunite with Elena.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I was definitely not expecting (or wanting) anything super dark from Uncharted. It's a pulp action adventure with a feel-good vibe and lovable characters.

The darkness comes from TLOU. Muahaha.

Tbh, I was blindsided by Sam's lies regarding the Alcazar. Having us actuality play through that fabrication was a nice touch that threw me off well.

I also adored the creepy mansion chapter, and how that added to the overall 'obsession' theme with the letters.