1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Unsung Hero by MeghanReviews - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Well my argument still has a point. Those 2 just don't belong together and I doubt it would work if Harry has a spine. Before he started school, he used his resources and was a smart observant kid, then he turned into a loser when he started school. If he had kept his backbone, and his smarts, he wouldn't have become friends with Ron and Hermione, much less date a rule monger like Hermione, he would have his own goals and his own desire to rise to the top.

2. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

It's approximately 3 stars, it won't get removed until if the rating drops bellow 2.5.

I'm very glad I stopped reading during the Christmas Break. But knowing the general synopses, the fact that the neglect remained unexplained, and a glimpse at the final chapter, is enough to warrant a 1/5 from me.

3. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

About the only thing I liked about this fic was the basilisk animagus form. I thought it was worded very well. Beyond that, it never really held my interest.

The fact that the author is now writing Twilight fanfiction doesnt surprise me.

4. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Grammar/spelling were good (in general, it was stylistically decent), and it had a relatively engaging plot (at least until the shitstorm of fail happened). This is enough for me to say that it had potential.

5. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

This fic has the dubious honor of being the only Fiction of any series that I FLAMED for all the reasons everyone has already stated. Harry beats all the odds shows the everyone he was the hero of the fucking story and out of no where his brother who Harry already kicked the shit out of goes for the murder and rape. Fuck that stupid bitch of an author and her Wangst bullshit.:mad:

6. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I forgot where I read it (maybe even in this thread), but I vaguely recall someone stating that part of the author's choice of ending was a "fuck you" to various reader/flamers over at Portkey. If so, it's a pity.

Isn't Twilight the fastest growing fandom?

7. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

It would surprise me otherwise, and it would get only worse with the upcoming films from the "Twilight Saga".. :-/

8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

God.

I wish I could write a piece of crap story and become filthy rich.

'sigh'

9. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

I know a monkey who 'writes' on the wall with his own shit I figure that if I can translate it I can bring it to the same publisher and get stinking rich to.:rolleyes:

10. docfrodo

docfrodo Muggle

i just finished it. There were some very angsty parts but i just read them quickly to get on with the story. I didn't really enjoy the ending though. I'm not sure t the author is doing with the harry/luna thing so we'll see.

11. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

There have been fics I've liked, disliked, loved, and downright loathed over the length of time in which I've read fanfiction - and this fic falls straight into the last category.

Besides the Harry/Hermione pairing (the only fic in which I can tolerate that ship is Harry Potter and the Fifth Element), this fic reeks. Dialogue is unbelievably mediocre, there are more plotholes than an Iraqi mnefield, and characterization is schizophrenic at best and atrocious at worst. And, as we all know, the ending ruins any redeeming qualities this fic might have.

The fact the author now writes Twilight fanfic does not surprise me in the slightest - after all, shit and the manure pile do go together.

12. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

This fic was so good for so long... such a shame. So much potential.

13. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Man this fic used to be awesome.

Then Luna became a automatic horcrux finder.

And now? I hear of rape and murder from Harry's brother.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

14. semil

semil First Year

I always got the feeling the author just wanted to finish it and knew where it was going, but didn't want to take the time to bring the story there.

So she just choke-slammed the story into submission and kicked it in the gonads until it gave up and ended.