1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2015

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash, May 25, 2014.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, the year isn't even half over yet, but IDGAF, time to talk about 2015 movies.

A lot of upcoming movies don't have dates confirmed, so I'm not sure if they will be 2014/2015/2016, so I chose to just include movies with 2015 dates, and ignore movies without a year listed.

My list is largely comedy movies with funny people that I like.

• Jurassic World - Fuck yeah! With its awesome cast, I'm super hopeful, and very stoked for this movie.
    • Star Wars Episode VII - Obviously. Dislike Abrams, but whatever, will still watch.
    • Squirrels to the Nuts - Jennifer Aniston, Kathryn Hahn, Owen Wilson...enough for me.
    • Absolutely Anything - Simon Pegg, Robin Williams. Promising.
    • Inside Out - Sounds like an awesome animated movie, with some A+ voice actors.
    • Ant-Man - There is a thread for this already, still looking forward to it despite Edgar Wright leaving, though I'm less hopeful.
    • Sausage Party - Animated movie with Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, other great voices.
    • Spy - Rose Byrne 8D Also Melissa McCarthy, Zach Woods, and a female-led comedy about spies.
    • While We're Young - I like Ben Stiller.
    • Tomorrowland - Kind of interesting premise, plus Judy Greer and Kathryn Hahn.
    • Loomis Fargo - Kristen Wiig, Owen Wilson, and Zach Galifianakis.
    • The Social Life - Rebel Wilson is hilarious.
    • Get Hard - Alison. Brie.
    • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - Will still be enjoying these movies, liked the books, looking forward to part 1 this year.
    • Pan - I'm a sucker for Peter Pan. Also, jeez, Amanda Seyfried is in so many movies. I wish I liked her more. Rooney Mara as Tiger Lily, though...fucked up.
    • Frankenstein - Lol, Daniel Radcliffe as Igor. Just lol.
    I'm sure I missed some great upcoming movies, but hopefully not too many.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Maybe not all of them great, but few more worth mentioning:

• The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    • Fast & Furious 7
    • Avengers: Age of Ultron
    • The Fantastic Four
    • Ted 2
    • Terminator
    • Bond 24
    • Assassin's Creed
    • The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)
    • Mission Impossible 5
    • Fifty Shades of Grey :p

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Lol I'm only remotely interested in exactly one of those, and it's The Good Dinosaur. Would have watched Ted 2, but the first one was terrible.

4. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Every remaining bit of realism and legitimacy Jurassic Park had pretty much died between 2 and 3. If World doesn't in some way involve something like the proposed Jurassic Park 4 script where there was another island for researching military applications of gene splicing and ancient DNA revival, then I'm probably not going to give half a shit about it.

At the very least, I want to see Giant Ground Sloths, Terror Birds, or spiders the size of Coconut Crabs. A lot of terrifying things died that weren't dinosaurs, and we were scraping the bottom of the saurian barrel as it was with 3.

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I heard Jurassic World is going to have the Park actually opened and working.

6. Lord Raine

I can't possibly imagine how they would manage to pull that off, unless it's an alternate reality/reboot. The first go around, the park catastrophically failed before it even began, the number of people who made it off the island alive out of the entire staff base could be counted on two hands (six, IIRC, seven if you count the helicopter pilot), and the whole place literally became a death island forbidden zone that the world governments pretended didn't exist and that claimed yet more lives every time anybody stupid enough decided to poke it with a stick.

Restarting the park after all of that would require so much effort that I'd consider it to be, while not actually impossible, at the very least functionally impossible. You would need a massive paramilitary force to pacify the island so it's safe, vast amounts of raw materials to rebuild the infrastructure of the island, the facilities and equipment necessary to house all guests and to safely recreate the living attractions in a controlled environment, permission from the powers that be to try again with "a T-Rex got loose in a city" hanging over you as a reason for them to tell you to fuck off, a complete redesign of the entire park's layout and structure to make sure being in the path of tropical weather when you're based on a tropical island isn't going to present any problems or hiccups in park operations, and a truly staggering amount of money to make it all happen.

7. Andrela

Well, to be fair, it might be a reboot. I mean, with Hollywood it is not out of the realm of possibility.

It might go similar to the first movie, but instead of shit hitting the fan during 'beta-testing' it happens during business hours with a lot more people/casualties.

8. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

OMFG Assassin's Creed starring Michael Fassbender, one of the really good actors. I don't care what anyone else says here, I am super psyched for this movie.

/end fangirl moment.

9. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What assassins creed is the movie based on? Does it follow any of the games or is it the story of another assassin?

10. Andrela

News on Jurassic World:

The Jurassic World Director Finally Gave Us All the Truth Behind the Leaked Plot

http://www.geekosystem.com/jurassic-world-plot-details/

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Accidentally leak plot details?

Leak more plot details to solve problem!!

[​IMG]

12. Andrela

It could be a cleverly disguised ad campaign.

13. Lord Raine

Leaked plot details, and the first thing the tumblr half of the internet cries is Pokemon? I'm not surprised.

Apparently, nobody can just be a Dinosaur Whisperer. God no.

I'm happy we've got a confirmation on the idea that they're fucking with dinosaur DNA again, and it pleases my inner nihilist that they're doing it because we got bored with normal dinosaurs.

And apparently we have our answer for how the holy fuck they got away with starting up the park again. Money. Billions upon billions upon billions of sweet, sweet cash. And the government says it's fine because hey. Taxes.

Maybe now that mutants are a confirmed possibility in the canon, we can get a decent spinoff game. I'd beat small children to death with autistic baby seals if we could get a squad-based survival horror FPS where the military has to send in a group of soldiers to contain a park break, and the group has to make their way into the park interior helping isolated pockets of survivors, avoiding or fending off the loosed dinosaurs, and running the hell away from the much more unpredictable and dangerous 'new and improved' attractions that are completely unnatural monstrosities that even the other dinosaurs are afraid of, and which don't behave like natural animals at all, because they aren't.

14. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My top three anticipated films for 2015 are (in order)

1. Assassin's Creed (fuck yeah, plus Fassbender is a genuinely good actor)
    2. Avengers: Age of Ultron (MCU ftw)
    3. Star Wars Episode VII (I liked what Abrams did with Star Trek, I hope to be entertained)

15. Andrela

This looks promising.

Project Almanac (previously under the working title Welcome to Yesterday) Trailer

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I've heard about it. Seen a trailer a while ago, looked pretty good.

17. Andrela

Stop fucking everything you're doing and read this:

[​IMG]

18. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Jupiter Ascending - Wachowskis came back strong with cloud atlas. Also Mila Kunis has always seemed to be a decent actress, but she has been struck acting in terrible shit (and Black Swan, but I didn't like that either)due to the family guy association.

Mr. Holmes - I'm a sucker for Sherlock Holmes and love Ian McKellan. They will probably try to ape the style of the tv show and there is a son that wants to be a detective, so it's probably going to be shit. No matter I will still watch it and love it, as I did that Downey Jr. one.

Cyber - Chris Hemsworth as a computer hacker. It's going to be hilarious.

Caesar - Sean Bean as Caesar, he he he he.

19. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Pretty excited for this, it helps I really enjoy Tom Hardy as an actor.

Mad Max

20. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Yes... Because Chris Hemsworth has the upper body strength and good lucks all computer hackers have. xD

How could you not like Black Swan? That movie was glorious?

Looking forward to Jupiter Ascending. The trailers haven't really made me all that hyped, but the concept seems interesting.

Last of Us. I think it'd translate well into a movie. The gameplay was pretty meh to be honest, but the story really gripped me.