1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Username Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robo Jesus, Jan 23, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. deathtehfluffybunny

deathtehfluffybunny Fourth Year

DeathTheFluffyBunny has been my handle for a few years and I haven't met anyone with a similar name, but I think a user should be recognized for the quality of their colloquy and not a massive amount of time and wit invested in their name.

2. Rosanna Lynn

Rosanna Lynn Guest

I have a quite boring one, well sorry for ya'll to have to have to put up with my username :oops: :oops:

3. This post was the first thing I read after joining, which you can obviously see.

When I first read this, I was laughing. Then I came to the 'no Asian names' part, and...oops. :p Oh well. This is my user name for too many sites to change it, and besides, most people have said they identify by avatars. ;)

4. ArseNick

ArseNick Fourth Year

LOL, this is one hilarious thread. Ah well, I'm happy with my name. Portrays my interest in chemistry (Arsenic is an actual element) and my odd habit of twisting words.

5. sweetcreme

sweetcreme Guest

Well, my user name is sweetcreme (all lower case), like it, love it or hate it, don't care, it's mine and I've had it as long as I've been on line :)

I'm here to read HP fan fics and maybe talk about plot lines, some, but mostly read and find new stories. Dark Harry is OK as long as it is well written. This one was recommended by TheJackOfDiamonds who wrote Harry Potter and the Hero's Path. So I will read it and see how I like it. Another plus is how often it is updated. Nothing more irritating than a prima dona writter who updates according to percieved audiance. I enjoy writters who have passion for their stories like DrT on Snoogles.

I am a single mother of three and I have need of good diversions some time ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  6. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    There is an intro section for that ^_^

*wonders how many other people will come say that there name is original*

7. HardcoreHobbit

HardcoreHobbit Second Year

I mentioned where I got my name in my Intro post. I have since cut my hair, and have more of a regular style. I've had the name for a while though, and use it on the majority of forums and sites I'm a member of. It also forms the basis of my Gmail (Sorry... GoogleMail) account. I'm just thankful I got one before Google got sued over the random guy who called his internal mail network gmail.

Incidently, I have something to add, in that people shouldn't use nickname generators, which tend to just have a library of words and stick two of them together.

I have googled my name, and of the first two pages of results, I think all but the ones from LiveJournal are me. I don't know whether or not I had the name before the guy on LJ, and can't be bothered finding out.

Also, I'd imagine that I'm the only person on the forum who uses a Skoda Octavia Police car for my avatar. In fact, I've never met anyone who uses that before.

I'm ashamed to admit however, that I have on one occasion stolen an avatar from the forum for my use on my university VLE. I forget who it actually was I borrowed it from, so thank you, whoever you were.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  8. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

*must resist urge to declare how original my name is! must resist urge to declare how original my name is!must resist urge to declare how original my name is!*
    URGE RESISTED!! - that was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Maybe next I will publish a sticky on Nuhuh's Tao of resisting rampant monster in chest to have forum nick validated for uniqueness!...Its a working title folks I'll come up with something shorter.

In the mean time I'm going to go back to secretly judging all of you for unoriginal nicks - well those who haven't posted in this thread to apologize for them yet or those who have explained their choice of name in exciting, paradigm shifting, edge of seat, nail biting, hair raising, skin crawling exposition.

That means I'm looking at you Darius! Watch me judge you, here I go!

p.s. sweetcreme~ Do post in the intro thread, we at DLP are very supportive of single mothers and would like to welcome you properly...and some of us would like to cure you of Dr.T.

9. karlii

karlii Guest

All righty then.... :)

A quickie hello to all!!

10. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Erm... what?

Did you not just read the post above you?

11. karlii

karlii Guest

Darius,

Are you talking to me? Maybe a link to the correct thread would be useful then...

Anyhow... this is my internet name, and has been for 10 years... :)

12. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Try just looking at the rest of the section, or is that beyond your obviously limited intelligence? The subforum is caled Introduction, might that perhaps imply that one would introduce oneself in that subforum. Supposing that one has the intelligence and common sense to enter said subforum and look around, one would see that there are a large number of threads, of people introducing themselves in...unique ways. One would also see a thread entitled Username Guide. So...what does one do? That is the quandery isn't it? Does one follow the example? And thusly post a thread for themselves, to introduce themselve to the board. Or does one post in the thread that is a guide on choosing a decent username?

Hmmmm, that's a very difficult decision...isn't it?

13. berni

berni Guest

ha ha is berni alright? i cant actually remember my username if it isnt that or something really similar lol

14. C. Sardothien

C. Sardothien Squib

Damn. I knew I should have picked another name!

Although I suppose my name isn't glaringly fangirl like since most do not know which character I'm ripping off of...

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeeeeeah.

This thread has degenerated. Locking down time.

Not open for further replies.