1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Voldemort vs Orochimaru

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Andrela, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Sealing would presumably cut them off from Voldemort.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Neither would be comfortable while the other survives, if they joined forces they'd know too much about each other. One would try to off the other to keep their powers secret.

...Neither of them would want to share the world anyway.

3. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Hmm, but they're literally portions of his soul. Would it even be possible to sever that sort of metaphysical connection? That might even help him, since they would still exist, but in a dimension that would be harder to access for the purposes of destroying them.

If Orochimaru even gets to them in the first place, the protections on the object itself would still be intact. It might be like adding another layer of defense to the ones already in place.

It's kind of funny, actually, to imagine him killing Voldemort, since we know that his disembodied soul or consciousness might try to possess the nearest living being. You might end up with a situation where Orochimaru wins, only to lose because he is then immediately possessed by Voldemort. Which is ironic because Orochimaru himself is familiar with possession.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

What a great concept.

Holy shit, Plot Bunny:

Voldemort appears in the Narutoverse, around the time Orochimaru is expelled from Konoha. The two fight and Orochimaru kills Voldemort, only to be immediately possessed.

Voldemort then gets access to Orochimaru's memories and knowledge, but his magic overrides chakra, so he only has his original abilities, no free power boosts. (Or, if an author chose another path, he has both).

I can only imagine what things He Who Must Not Be Named would do in the ninja world with magic.

5. afrojack

Voldemort with Orochimaru's memories and powers? Holy shit.

Then, when Orochimaru invades Konoha before Shippuden, he wins and dystopian Narutoverse?

EDIT: I am also fully onboard with the notion of Voldemort being able to exploit the shit out of inferi in that world. With the knowledge of Edo Tensei . . . ew.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  6. Andrela

What about Voldemort's philosophy of (basically) "Might is Right" and "Magic is Might"?

Wouldn't it be interesting if he doesn't like Madara's plan in the least and does everything he can to stop the Eye of the Moon plan?

7. afrojack

I think Voldemort, as someone skilled and interested in all branches of magic, including those that are most exotic, would classify Ninjutsu as just another type of magic. He doesn't strike me as the type to reject supreme physical prowess and regeneration either.

As far as Madara, I don't think he'd stand a chance.

I also just had the rather hilarious image of Riddle using a switching spell to effortlessly gain the Rinnegan.

8. Andrela

I'm not saying he'd be able to defeat the Uchiha Hax Powers, I'm saying he'd oppose the plan. Voldemort doesn't strike me as the guy who would want the entire world turned into the Matrix.

9. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

*Unless he was Agent Smith.

10. afrojack

I don't think he'd want that either. But I do think he'd be able to get around the Uchiha haxx. I mean, he has a history of struggling with haxx, but he also has a number of them himself.

11. Andrela

I wonder if the two are similar: Apparition and the Flying Thunder God.

If Apparition is faster, then Voldemort has a very powerful advantage. Imagine being able to transport yourself (and side-along another) from one end of the Ninja World to the other.

What about the Imperius? We may argue that Legilimency/Occlumency are similar to Genjutsu, but the Imperius is on a whole another level.

12. afrojack

Apparition over FTG any day.

Occlumency I think would short-circuit any genjutsu but the actual reality-warping nonsense of Izanagi, and Legilimency would probably let him know who Obito was right away.

Transfiguration would also be pretty broken. Switching Spell ridiculousness has already been covered.

He can also fly, and since I think his flight spell works by some combination of self-transfiguration and/or the wraith capacities he had as the result of his Horcruxes, he could probably also mimic Kamui without too much trouble.

Physical strength probably wouldn't be too much of an issue since he can lighten anything he wants to.

Speed and reflexes seem to be the biggest problem he might have.

13. Andrela

Didn't he teach the flying method to Snape?

14. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Genjutsu only works on those who have chakra in the first place since it manipulates the flow of chakra in the target's brain.

15. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

Hiraishin is literally instantaneous, I think? Given that ninja are in general much faster than wizards it can probably be initiated faster too - though I guess you could argue that increases to speed of thought are marginal.

Apparition trumps it in utility though.

It can't be the horcruxes - Snape managed to fly as well.

Also, the Imperius isn't totally out of context for the ninja world.
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Puppet-Master_Seal

16. afrojack

We've discussed this in other places. The descriptions of their flights are too different.

McGonagall assumes he did. And Snape was known for inventing his own spells.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  17. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

I think Voldemort wins. Orochimaru has a habit of tanking his opponents attacks, playing with them while he relies on his regenaration. Avada Kedavra.

If he doesn't, Orochimaru prolly has the upper hand. He's got a very fluid fighting style and a very big arsenal of exotic techniques, so I believe he could keep dodging while throwing attacks longer then Voldemort.

18. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Orochimaru would realize his opponent is immortal, after maiming him multiple times. Then, he would probably capture him for study. He would not tolerate a rival immortal. After learning Voldemort's secrets he would probably lock him away somewhere.

Hidan was an immortal and look where that got him.

That said, if he underestimated AK I could see him losing his host body and being forced to flee.

19. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

You realize a single moment of lucidity is all Voldemort needs to Apparate away, yeah?

Why would the AK affect his host body and not him?

20. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Cuz Orochimaru can just hop out of any of the curse seals he has running around after dying?