1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Walk on the Moon by SixPerfections - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Nemrut, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If I have one complaint, it is the slow burn of the story. The SI is not even a genin yet and she is about 10 or 11, a year older than the Naruto generation who haven't all made significant appearances yet.

2. soczab

soczab Professor

High Score:

I'm not familiar with the term omake. From how you describe it, would I be right in guessing its a sort of "what if" thats not actually part of the storyline?

I actually hope so, because while I like this fic.... that omake scene actually bugged me slightly in that it seemed entirely unrealistic (that she would be both a jonin and given a genin team in a year). Reading it, I wasn't entirely sure if that was meant to be a 'flash forward' or just a 'what if' fun scene.

3. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yes it is not Canon.

4. Nicovi

Nicovi Fourth Year

New chapter out on ff. It jumped forward a year.

Can't say I agree with the revealing as much as she did, but I guess it fits her idea of becoming famous enough to scare away any attempts of forcefully retrieving her.

5. s0ng2Sing

s0ng2Sing Third Year

Glad it was continued. This is the third site I had to follow it to.

Looks like there will be some Mystery/Conspiracy content ahead.

6. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Only having followed it on SV and SB, what chapter should I start reading FFN on?

7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure that on SB it made it to 33 of 34 iirc. I'm glad to see this updated figured getting thread locked again had curbed the authors interest in writing.

Not sure about SV since I don't read anything over there.

8. Nemrut

High Score:
    Really glad for the timeskip. Love the story but the biggest flaw it has that it already spent so much time on before canon that I don't see how it could end at anything but around a million words or so. Not that I mind the wordcount, just not as likely to reach that.

But yeah, solid chapter.

9. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So, I liked this, but it isn’t amazing or anything. Frankly, there are just too many damn words.

It’s overly explanatory and repetitive, and the author tends to tell the reader everything, rather than show it to them and allow them to come to their own conclusions. Unfailingly, every single thought and action will be explained in detail.

Even with the timeskips, it fucking drags.

Most of the story could have been told through mentions and recollections later on in the story when things are actually happening.

The whole Hinata plot was/is just unnecessary. We already know how unstable Rei is. The blatantly obvious showpiece of the Hinata interactions just aren’t necessary. I skipped most of it and came out the other side with a more or less complete understanding of the story.

Also, while I like the Rats as a concept for an original summon, they’ve been executed terribly. Hell, their test was all about “family being everything” and they used her family to demonstrate. The fact that she isn’t showing her own family any loyalty beyond “not gonna kill them” just shouldn’t mesh with the Rats as they’ve been presented. Author notes aside.

10. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Walk on the Moon has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 46
    Words: 349,195
    Updated: 2019-08-08 00:24:07 UTC
    Published: 2014-10-25 07:02:06 UTC
    Previously updated: about 1 year ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.

11. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Kinda annoyed they took a year to update and this is what we got. Plus an AN at the bottom talking about how they're gonna be updating this and letting us know about their original fiction they got coming to Amazon Kindle Store soonish and they want valid feedback.

Another case of trying to use their fanbase to boost their other writing. Maybe if they hadn't vanished for a year then I'd be less bitter.

Story still has its quirks think what drew me to it before was the fact that the main character intends to be S Class as their one goal among many.

I like that and feel like not too many Naruto SI stories explore the route to being S Class but rather everything else and just happen upon it along the way.

Nothing really to say about this update. I'd say consistency is gonna be an issue the more times they continue to waffle between this and their other obligations and soon they will just totally abandon it. Having a outline doesn't mean written.

12. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Walk on the Moon has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 47
    Words: 355,132
    Updated: 2019-09-14 03:23:34 UTC
    Published: 2014-10-25 07:02:06 UTC
    Previously updated: about 1 month ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.