1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Peteks, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

So, this game came out a bit less than week ago. Anyone else playing? I've pretty much just gotten started and am still way over my head most of the time, but it is super fun game. It has improved pretty much everything from the original game, and seems to even run smoother on my computer that has just gotten older since the first game. There are still some bugs, but nothing that has lessened my enjoyment, and the developers seem to be pretty quick to address stuf..

The class system and character perks give the game more depth and flavour, while smashing Rats and Chaos Warriors is just super fun, especially with a stack of three of your friends(Helps that they carry me without complaint).

If you haven't got it, but like games like Left 4 Dead, then you should give this game a shot.

So, anyone else got opinions on the new game?

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I've been playing it since a couple days into the pre-order beta, and I love it to death. Been playing it obsessively for the last couple weeks, and with Kruber, my main, I just hit the point of doing champion with my friends. Let me tell ya, that shit gets intense. It's a blast all around.

It's not perfect, as there's a fair number of weird bugs (such as the time I charged at a stormfiend and knocked it back, where it promptly fell through the world and vanished), but the team that made it is so small, while the game is both surprisingly cheap and so much fun, that I'm perfectly willing to give it a pass on the lack of polish.

It's a fantastic game, and if you're at all interested in co-op survival games, Vermintide 2 is a must-buy.

3. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I've been playing this a bit, I'll be putting in some more hours this weekend.

Only at around 160 HP on my Wizard.

I started an elf also which I am having more fun with. I like that the power of my elf strongboxes is increased because I have another character that is above HP 120. I believe when you hit each threshold it improves the loot on other characters also.

4. Agayek

As I understand it (and I could easily be wrong, but it seems to be born out), the power from both boxes and crafting is based entirely on the highest achievable power for the character you are playing, and the non-weapon items can be used on every hero. So if you get a character to, say, 100 power in each equip slot, then switch to another, three of the new character's gear pieces will be at 100, and the other 2 are at 5, meaning you'd average out at 62. At that point, if you craft or open a loot box, you should be seeing gear in the 60-70 range. Equip weapons of that level and it bumps your average power up to around 80, which moves your 'new gear' power to the 80-90 range, and then one more round and you're basically caught up.

It's really a pretty decent system for catching up the other characters, and keeping you from having to do the worst of the gear grind more than once.

5. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So how tied to the lore is this game? Can I just dump my friends who know nothing about Warhammer Fantasy in it? I've been looking for something new to play with a group and medieval-ish fantasy L4D2 looks like a legit option, but most of them know nothing about Warhammer.

6. Agayek

You don't need to know anything about the lore; I certainly didn't when I started playing the first one, and I loved it to bits. Knowing the lore adds some flavor to things, and it explains the weird shit like why the Skaven happen to have man-portable gatling guns and flamethrowers, but you don't need to know it to know what's going on.

Everything you need to know is explained in the game's tutorial: 1) Rat-men are evil and want to kill everyone, 2) the rat-men have allied with the evil fantasy vikings, and 3) they're coming to kill everyone, so we have to kill them first.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  7. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd only played ten hours when I last posted, and then dropped the game for no particular reason. This past week and change, I've played a hundred hours. So there have been several DLC, a big content patch that dropped last night, a cosmetic shop added, a complete rebalancing/rebuild of the talent system, and then some in the interim. I've gotten like 8 people to start playing, and even popped a few levels off with Wize last night. Ton of fun, even if there are some legitimate gripes about how the company's been managing content/patches for a bit.

8. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Theres a pretty sweet modding community as well, I specifically play with one that increases spawn rates by about 10 times. Its nuts and you can barely finish levels, but holy shit the body count.