1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Water Hold Me Down by Liz Marcs - PG-13 - BtVS

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Bentgame, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Bentgame

Bentgame First Year

Title: Water Hold Me Down
    Author: Liz Marcs
    Rating: PG-13
    Genre: Gen
    Fandom: BtVS
    Pairings: Xander/Anya, Xander/Faith
    Summary: Who of us is happy until we get what we want? What price are we willing to pay for it? And once the toll is paid and we have what we want, will it really make us happy? Xander is about to find out.
    Link: http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=liz_marcs&keyword=Water+Hold+Me+Down+%28BtVS%3B+PG-13%29&filter=all

This is actually part of the author's Whisperverse series found here: http://liz-marcs.livejournal.com/239724.html
    I recced this story by itself because you don't need to read the previous stories to read this one. There are a couple scenes that have a harder impact if you've read the other stories but other than that, Water Hold Me Downs reads just fine by itself.

Water Hold Me Down takes a post-cannon Xander who's become a watcher and throws him into an alternative universe where he made one different choice. The story deals with Xander facing an older version of himself who married Anya and all the changes that rippled from that decision.

The author makes all the characters believable especially the two versions of Xander. You can see how their choices shaped their lives and world-views throughout the story. The author clearly put a lot of effort into showing how the changes would affect all the buffyverse characters,especially Xander and Giles.

The story's abandoned, but at 46 chapters, it's definitely worth reading.

5/5

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I didn't read the story that you actually linked, because 46 chapters of Xander didn't seem like my cup of tea, but I did follow the link to the authors other stories and read a few of them.

The three I checked out were easily 4/5. The only title I remember is Cuckoo in the Nest I think, which was from the POV of Xander's father. Interesting but not standard Buffy-fare.