1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Problem WBA Ratings Have Disappeared.

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by Dye, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Dye

Dye Second Year DLP Supporter

Just as the title says, all the ratings for stories in each of the WBA threads have disappeared. Stories in the library all have ratings and so do those in the Quests thread. I'm assuming something has gone wrong as I haven't seen an announcement saying WBA's would no longer be rated.

If it helps, I'm using Firefox, Win 10 and the only plugins I run are Ghostery and TrackMeNot.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Star ratings have been removed as they had turned into something akin to the rep system.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

We decided to see how people's usage changed when ratings were removed, since casual users were filtering what they'd read based on them.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I admit that I am guilty of this myself.

It is possible that because of this I may have missed out on stories that I would have enjoyed.

So, good idea guys.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

To be a bit more clear, the WbA is meant for authors to become better, not just purely for already established authors to get help cleaning up their chapters. People (I'm looking at you Zombie) have been using ratings to read stories with high ratings and ignore fics with low ratings. We'd rather people give every fic a go without being unduly biased by 1 star or 2 star ratings.

Low ratings may also serve to discourage new authors from continuing to get better, even if a couple of people try to help them. In a perfect world, people would read every fic and write a post detailing what they thought worked and what they thought didn't... but we'll take people judging fics on merit instead of being biased by other people's opinions.