1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot We Are Not Evil by kylev - K

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Alexx, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Alexx

Alexx Card Captored and buttsecksed

Title:We Are Not Evil
    Author: kylev
    Rating: K
    DLP Category: General
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Harry is sorted into Slytherin. Harry thinks his worst nightmare has come through but Daphne Greengrass makes him realise how wrong his views of Slytherins are. One shot.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11293889/1/We-Are-Not-Evil

My first try at fan fiction. What do you think?

Alexx apparently deleted this story.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  2. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Ok, so on reflection I managed to discover the positive that at only 783 words, it didn't take long to reach a conclusion. And it's your first piece, which shows. I'm hoping the reason you posted this in review board is for help with writing rather than to submit it for the library - in any case, WbA is the place for the former.

On to the fic itself:

- So the hat decides to ignore his wishes and place him in Slytherin for banter which I can honestly imagine working well in a crackfic.

Dunno why the 'no' is there. If that's Harry's thought then there's better ways of writing it.

C in Cunning shouldn't be a capital. Also refer to the post in ff discussion about writing dialogue.

So Harry says something, and at the end of his sentence whips out a colt .44 and takes a shot at her. 'to' has a 't' in it.

*twitch*

Then Daphne proceeds to slag off Hagrid (the super friendly giant who saved Harry from the Dursleys, introduced him to the wizarding world and bought him Hedwig)...and Harry has an epiphany, suddenly agreeing with her. "Thanks Greengreass." He then makes friends with all the Slytherins and loves his new house.

Your fic suffers from spelling mistakes, poor grammar and punctuation and the dialogue has a ways to go. It's very short, and the plot doesn't even really make sense. I was almost hoping the ending would be Harry waking up in his bed in the Gryffindor common room after experiencing that nightmare. You're not new to DLP judging by your account, which makes me conclude you posted this here for banter. Either way, -73/5.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  3. Radmar

Radmar Disappeared

Tracey is Harry's wife? When did that happen? Isn't that too early to be married?

TMD said it all. Bad grammar. Some spelling mistakes. Also, dialogues felt forced and 'unnatural', so to speak. 1/5, but if author wants to get better, just keep writing. I am sure that it will be better next time.

4. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I think you should spend more time in WBA before you consider putting another story up for Review. This was not close to DLP Library caliber and it's lacking several basic things that your peers would have clued you in on more gently than you'll get here (little things like commas, organic dialogue, characterization, and the importance of actually having a point to one's story.)

As for a rating, this is pretty much the definition of a 1/5 fic.

5. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Eager to see if Alexx had posted any more of his wonderful work on his ff.net account, I did a quick search. To my dismay, it appears that he has deleted all of his stories, and robbed the world of his unique talents.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  6. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

As the story doesn't exist any longer I close the thread and move it to the trash bin.