1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What are your future projects?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Sran, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Sran

Sran Disappeared

High Score:
    Currently working on a hp fic which is inspired from Chinese-French film Vengeance. Gonna make it stylish andgive it a different type of treatment.

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm working on an AU fic involving Hogwarts under the control of the goblin nations. Pretty much an uprising overthrew wizardkind in the aftermath of a much more destabilizing period under Grindelwald's years in power, leading to a series of revolts capitalizing on Voldemort's first rise and subsequent fall. Labor camps insure that magical bloodlines survive and regularly produce offspring to be conscripted into Hogwarts, itself more an extension of Gringotts by now, to be trained for usage in goblin society - either as workers in the mines(potions, crude runework), for bloodsport(minor dark arts), or as property of certain reputable clans for spywork and defense of personal vaults and such(charms, minimal transfiguration, potions, relevant history) via curse breakers.

Most of the children wind up in the mines across Europe or else in fighting pits. A rare few are chosen to begin training for a life even beginning to approach what was once the standard before the fall of wizardry.

I'm expecting a lot of psychological horror; breaking the will of the children and building it back up again to be loyal to the clans. Awful conditioning and borderline torture to rebuild their psyches to survive the trials ahead. And gradually mixed in id somd adventure as Harry endures the ordeals as a seeker(first rank to curse breaker) underneath journeyman Bill's help and rises to become the best curse breaker and agent of his particular lowly clan after the others are taken out in inter-clan subterfuge and fighting. Whether or not wizard society would ever retake their position, with Harry fighting to stop them, is another matter.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  3. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A Stargate SG-1 rewrite.

The intention is to make the story a far harder military scifi and then focus the story on only the Goa'uld fight. The AU universe won't have the Replicators, the Goa'uld will very firmly have control of the Galaxy (no Hebridans, no Tollan), and the the Asgard are very distant.

I sort of want to replicate the feel of very early SG-1 and extend that to the defeat of the Goa'uld. I also want to have pretty much nothing from SG-1's plot - nothing will be predictable. At the same time I want to base it on real Earth because I want to cover the international politics that exist today and how they would be influenced by the Stargate.

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

How far are you into this story, cause I'd definitely read that! (PM me if you need a beta for a first read or bouncing ideas and plot around!)

5. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've written the first chapter about 4 times now. I'm still not happy with it :p

6. MoltenCheese

MoltenCheese Seventh Year

I've got a Pokemon mystery/suspense oneshot planned out in detail. It will feature Gold as he tries to find out who Champion Red is, and why he disappeared completely after defeating the Indigo League.

7. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I'm going to write a story set in a world where Petunia refused to take Harry and he was adopted by a pair of muggles.

These turn out to be members of a cult and after Harry's accidental magic and parselmouth abilities are discovered he is hailed as the messiah by the cultists.

8. EmeraldGuardian

EmeraldGuardian First Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    One of my future fics is going to be Harry breaking free when Remus tries to restrain him and follow Sirius into the veil. Tonks sees this happening and tries to stop Harry when he breaks free only to trip at the last second and knock them both through the veil. They come through into an Alternate Universe where Harry died when he was 1 (as well as Neville) but his parents are alive. Voldemort was resurrected a bit earlier then canon and the Dumbledore of this universe just finished killing him with prophecy being over anyway. He'll get to know his parents and this Dumbledore will train him, eventually giving him this Universes Elder Wand because he doesn't want the burden of carrying anymore. Eventually they will figure out a way to get back and his parents will come with, as they have nothing left in that world. When they get back they will find their universe went down the toilet when they disappeared. Dumbledore has had a mental breakdown because all his plans were destroyed and he is convinced now, that Neville is the chosen one.

Another idea I have is for a CurseBreaker!Harry/Fleur fic. Either she teaches him and they go rogue in OotP or he gets an interest for the subject in his early Hogwarts years and uses his knowledge of rune magic in the TWT catching Fleur's attention, then at the end of the year go rogue by looting temples.

My third idea is some kind of Harry/fem!Harry story. I'm thinking Voldemort from canon!Harry's universe is experimenting with some kind of ancient magic that's thinning the barriers between Alternate Universes. It's having horrendous consequences for fem!Harry's universe so she crosses over to help Harry stop his Voldemort and then eventually work together to stop hers.

I also have some ideas for a Vigilante/Assassin!Harry/Susan story.

An idea for an alternate TWT with a Slytherin!Harry/Daphne.

I want to write a story where Ginny comes on the Horcrux hunt too.

It would be cool to do something with Harry/Katie Bell as there is almost nothing with that pairing out there.

My last idea is a Harry who becomes obsessed with trying to bring his parents back to life and spends years studying it while accidentally finding out Snape is trying to bring Lily back too because he thinks if he does she will fall in love with him.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  9. DictionaryWrites

DictionaryWrites First Year

High Score:
    I'm currently writing a Slytherin!Harry AU for his second year, where Ginny never gets Riddle's diary but Harry still ends up being revealed as a Parselmouth. After he accidentally unlocks a secret, if empty, room in the Slytherin Common Room no one's seen in humdreds of years, a set of wizarding historians come to Hogwarts to examine the one room and search for more.

I'm having fun thinking about how the histories of Hogwarts and the Founders are approached, as well as taking a completely new plot for CoS.

10. Avery

Avery Second Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm working on a collection of Sleeper fics for the Worm fandom. Just one-shots featuring a different speculative theory about his power each time.

I'm also considering a Cassandra!Naruto story where he inherits Dinah's power from Worm. A dark one-shot, if you will.

11. DarthImperius

DarthImperius Squib

High Score:
    My foreseen future regarding fanfiction involves pretty much a few rewrites of stories which I wrote during my "Early Dark Ages of Writing". The amount of clichés they have is appalling.

And I'm mainly referring to a Harry Potter/Star Wars crossover I wrote (my first fanfic in fact).