1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What If Book Seven isn't a scavenger hunt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kai Shek, Aug 28, 2006.

1. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

You know, there must be quite a few horcruxes lying around from past dark lords or just plain pricks.... Overpower the hell out of an "Accio Horcruxes" and watch Volde have a shit fit as Harry tells him that 137 is a *TRUE* magical number so he will never equal Harry's might.

Scans will show they are horcruxes, but probably not who they belong to.

Volde commits suicide because the incompetant brat has eclipsed his evilness.

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ummmmm, shouldn't that post have gone in the anti-cliche thread, cause theres like no way its going to happen in book 7 (now watch as it comes true!:p)

YOu are right that must be quite a few Horcruxes lying around randomly from dead people, but that measn that said dead people ain't dead, but jsut ghosts like Voldemort was.

I want to know if to resurect yourself using a horcrux you need to be near one? If not, then I would probably make a galleon or sickle into a horcrux, since money gets passed around, it would make it unlikely it would stay in one place forever, unless it somehow got sent to the bottom of a rich persons vault.

3. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

The luck potion's a great idea.

I'd pay hard cash to have Rorschach's Blot write a story like that.

4. Alayna

Alayna Second Year

Ok, I really rushed through HBP and didn't have the heart to read it a second time. But I think the love potion was already used. On the wrong victim admittedly, but still, Ron was effected.

So use an old love potion on Voldemort (perhaps brewed by Lily) and he'll go crazy because she is already dead... and it accumulated so much power that he follows her to the death just to be with her; and in order to accomplish this he has to destroy his Horcruxes himself...

5. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Oh that's a stroke of pure genius! Power of Love indeed. Too bad he'll never end up in the same afterlife with her.

6. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

You know thats actually a very good idea, you could even make it that harry found some of the love potion she had used on his dad or something so that it was already atuned to her. could work. never ever going to happen though

7. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

How about... using a love potion to get ginny and tom back together again.
    dah da dum

8. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

That would be a very cheesy way for JKR to boost Harry's power levels. Although, it is much better than simply having Harry using his undying love for Ginny to defeat Volde.

9. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

JK will get Harry to drink the luck potion through out the entire book so he finds all the horcrxues then at the battle between him and voldemort. "The Power knows not will be revealed as extreme luck which is proven true by looking at the other books. so he would win because of luck and nothing else.

10. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I would prefer if JKR did a south park and wrote a Terrence And Philip special, cause Book seven ain't looking that great

11. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I always got the impression that the love potion was only around for two reasons and, thus, had already served its purpose.

1): As a cheap and easy way of getting Ron back into Hermione's good graces. "Merlin! Ron almost died, maybe I should lower myself to actually becoming his girlfriend, despite the fact that he's a boorish waste of flesh."

2): As a cheap and easy way of 'proving' that Ginny is Harry's 'One True Love' despite the fact that she's too hideously undeveloped as a character to be worthy of scoring with the Hero. Not to mention that except for a paltry handful of moments of Ron-like jealousy in HBP, he shows virtually zero interest in her throughout the series. "Hmm... The potion smells like what you love and, to me, it smells like Ginny. Well, I guess I'll let Fate decide my life for me again. Hey Gin, wanna go find a broom closet?"

12. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

No it smells like something he might have smelled at the Burrow. I'm holding out hope that when she isn't at school, Hermione uses a different perfume/shampoo/whatever, or else that Luna Lovegood had been by recently and her scent lingered. NEVER seriously entertain the idea that H/G was meant to be!

13. Alayna

Alayna Second Year

Ok, this is getting off topic but what if the love potion reacts not only for your true love but also for the love for a surrogate mother. I mean, he loves Mrs Weasly dearly when she is not in her overbearing mode...
    so he smells the fumes of the luck potion as something in the Burrow because of his love for Molly...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  14. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Hope springs eternal... for some people. I've pretty much lost any hope of JKR doing a 180 in the next book and pairing Harry with anyone else. Heck, despite the fact that Stephen King and some other author whose name escapes me asked her not to, (which I think is both cool and hilarious) she'll probably kill Harry in book 7. If she does switch up the pairings just so she can say, "Gotcha, bitch!", I'll be torn between being relieved at the change and being disgusted at such a hack move. At least if Ginny had an ounce of character development... Ugh.

I don't even want to consider the implications of such a thing. It's far too horrible. To say nothing of the ramifications of drinking such a god-forsaken potion.
    The phrase, 'He clutched fist fulls of Molly's generous flesh.', comes to mind. I could continue along those lines and include phrases involving pitching hotdogs down hallways but I won't (and you can't make me). I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now... or kill something.

A bit more on topic; I don't see love potions coming into play in the final battle; unless Harry uses the lifedebt to feed one to Wormtail and, having fallen for his master, Pettigrew fists Voldemort to death with that silver hand... How apropos would that be?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  15. Cypher3au

Cypher3au First Year

Hmm..."treacle tart, the woody smell of a broomstick handle, and something flowery he thought he might have smelled at the Burrow."

...wasn't Fleur staying at the Burrow?

16. bizzle

bizzle Fourth 'dent

. Just thinking about that shit would give me nightmares. Sick.

17. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Oh no, abandon hope. Here is the evidence:

...and one of the first appearances of Ginny as a big-mouthed easvesdropping stalker.

18. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Hermione was right across the table from him at the time. Lalalala Not Listening!

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think that it is quite likely that JKR will not set out book 7 exactly as Harry plans in HBP as that would be very predictable and JKR likes to surprise people.

Far more likely, I think, is that Harry will get sucked into a "whirlwind of adventure" and along the way pick up the Horcruxes, though finding them will not be his intention.

The format of book 7 will go something along these lines, I feel:

- Harry turns 17, busts out of the Dursleys. JKR has told us that there is a major revelation concerning Petunia, so keeping in mind the previous "major revelations" promised, it's probably something like "her natural hair colour is black".

- Wedding. HP goes back with Herman and Ron to Grimmauld place. He sees the family tree, remembers Regulus, remembers the golden locket, but it is gone.

- HP + co. go to find Dung, who has probably stolen the locket...he is in Azkaban after being arrested in HBP, and the trio break into Azkaban to get information out of Dung as to the location of the Horcrux.

From here on I'm stumped as there really aren't any more leads. Perhaps a return to the Riddle house, a visit from Scrimgeor (sp?), an encounter with Snape, or the Order...anyone's guess is as good as mine.

20. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

Don't forget Harry and Ginny agnst scenes. After that "horrible" breakup, JKR will have to use a little drama to get them back together, forever. (gag)