1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

What media are you consuming?

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by CareOtters, Nov 2, 2017.

1. CareOtters

CareOtters Headmaster DLP Supporter

Jun 8, 2010
    Anime of the day:

Spice and Wolf - a travelling merchant encounters a local harvest goddess who joins him in a journey. Lots of fascinating insights into the local world and economy provide a really good backdrop to some genuinely enjoyable character interactions. Also happens to be among the best anime dubs I've ever heard.

Book of the day:

The Red Knight - a mercenary band is hired to defend an abbey from an invading army of monsters. There's a novel, albeit erratic interpretation of the monstrous wilderness trope, and a bigly variety of nasty critters. Things go a little off the rails in later books, but so long as you don't take it overly seriously it's a remix on the old Arthurian cliche with enough changes to make it a completely new story which just hints at the familiar legends.

Game of the day:

Dragon Quest Builders - this is a lot like a minecraft building clone, but structured with mild rpg elements which set it apart. It's a lot smaller in scale, but I enjoyed the tighter focus that gave gameplay. I struggle to advance the story however because I compulsively build and tear down my base rather than advancing the plot.

Movie of the day:

The Jungle Book - the 2016 version. Man. Idris Elba as Shere Khan. 'nuff said.