1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What Would Happen If A Dementor Kissed Harry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reminiscence, Dec 18, 2016.

1. JA172HP

JA172HP Squib

High Score:
    One of my favorite fics, Merging by Shaydrall (unfortunately, it hasn't been updated for more than 6 months), has a premise like this. The most popular solution is that the dementor sucks out Voldemort's horcrux as it is closest to the surface Harry's soul. I highly recommend The Merging.

2. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Obviously if a dementor kissed Harry they'd form a soul bond and she'd join his harem.

Talk about obvious. :sherlock:

3. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    He would be without a soul, Horcrux or not, it would keep sucking till nothing is left. I mean why would it just stop at 1 soul? Can any one stop after 1 potato chip?

4. Lord Twain

Lord Twain First Year

That is a heavy point of contention, but my theory would be that Nagini was a breed of very long-lived magical serpent, much like the Basilisk. I'd say she'd have a life expectancy of about 500 years, without accounting for the lavish magical healing King Voldemort would have been able to provide for her if he won. If things got dire he could always create a Philosopher's Stone — while he was unwilling to rely on it for immortality at first, I could easily see him creating one as a secondary safeguard, once he had won.

5. Sivcere

Sivcere Squib

High Score:
    I like to think that the Dementor that kisses Harry gets a nice double meal, two souls for the price of one if ya get what I mean.

Like why stop when you've eaten the horcrux? Or why even start with the horcrux? There's a nice big happy soul instead of a deranged, 8th of a soul that the horcrux is.

6. EuclidPersons

EuclidPersons Muggle

Harry would be dead, Horcrux would take over.

7. Mal'sSerenity

Mal'sSerenity Second Year

High Score:
    Why are we even having this discussion?

It has already been answered by the esteemed fanfiction author Perfect Lionheart in his wonderful fic Partly Kissed Hero. Obviously, Harry would absorb all of Voldemort's memories and become an uber wizard who easily outsmarts and lays the smackdown on all his enemies no matter how strong or experienced they (supposedly) are.

8. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Honestly, not even Voldemort. It's James Potters memories that he absorbs. And it somehow causes the Sorting Hat to have tourettes.