1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Which game system?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nuhuh, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Alright I know this thread may seem like flame bait but it isn't. I need help figuring out which game system to buy that includes the most options for Wii sports style games.

I know PS3 and Xbox have physically active games but what is best?

Help!

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    To confirm, you're asking about eye-camera games specifically? Nothing beyond those?

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You mean like games that get you moving in front of the console? If so, I've had fun experiences with Xbox+Kinect and dance games. Though it was always at a friend's place, I've never owned a console myself, so take this with a bucket of salt.

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're looking for active games/a system that has an active side to it, then the Xbox One is a decent console and I have heard good things about Sports with Kinect (I believe that's the name) - note: not Kinect sports rivals

Honestly though maybe a Wii with Wii Sports Resort is the best option for something like that though

5. Nuhuh

Cool. Thanks guys.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would stick with Wii. Kinect and PS move games are mostly dance or music related. The sports games that do exist for these systems feel like afterthoughts.

7. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

The Wii U has a pretty good amount of games like that; I have Wii Fit U, and it alone has a ton of choices. That said, most of them are not much of a workout, though they are at least fun and better than just sitting around. I really love the various balancing games on it.

8. Nuhuh

Any game recommendations? Including the balance ones.

9. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    going to second Ash's rec of Wii U, as it can also play Wii games, which means Wii Sports Resort is also covered. Plus WSR requires Wii Motion Plus which all Wii U wiimotes have built in iirc

10. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I have Wii Fit U with the balance board (I think it's necessary for fitness games?); it suffices for me, as it has all of these to choose from. My favorites are Balance Bubble, Trampoline Target, Dessert Course, and Core Luge. I do not like the dancing games in Wii Fit U, I just really hate the Wiimote controllers, so YMMV.

You can see examples of the games on the official site here.

And of course there are more fitness-type games available, e.g. Wii Sports Club/Resort, Just Dance.

I've been satisfied with Wii Fit U so far, though, and haven't 'beaten' it yet by unlocking all of the levels.

11. isaacssv552

isaacssv552 Squib

High Score:
    I'd definitely agree that Wii U is your best bet. The normal Wii U controller might not be great for moving about but you can still use the Wii motionplus remote (although that requires you to buy an additional controller.)

If you're interested in a non-minigame focused motion game I'd recommend Skyward Sword. As far as gameplay goes it incorporates alot of things that were in Wii Sports Resort. (The swordplay is basically a better version of the fencing minigame and bombs are sorta like a combo of basketball and bowling, depending on wether you throw or roll.)