1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Which HP characters would work better as Hogwarts teachers?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Andrela, Oct 26, 2015.

1. www807

www807 Squib

Well yes, but I think she would make the decision herself anyways now that she runs the whole school.

2. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would remove Divination completely and if that isn't possible then I would restructure to accept only people that are seers. And if that isn't possible then I would completely change the course to go from predicting the future to something akin to the skills that Sherlock Holmes/Patrick Jane/Shawn Spencer possess. Legilimency and Occlumency could probably be incorporated as well. And the teacher I would have for this would be Dumbledore himself (Due to his skills in the in both arts).

Binns, I would replace with Hermione. As if she's going to let anyone sleep in her class. Then again, she could probably teach any class successfully.

Snape should theoretically be replaceable with anyone. And I don't mean that as an insult to Snape (Except I do) but all he literally does is tell them to read the instructions in the textbook or write up the instructions on the board (Presumably copied from the textbook). Anyone can do that.

Defence could maybe be taught by Harry though I would prefer it be someone who was an ex-Auror, maybe Kingsley.

3. isaacssv552

isaacssv552 Squib

High Score:
    I'd basically do as you say,

Potions -> Slughorn

History -> Doge or someone else who is actually alive.

Divination -> Replace with Astrology (or whatever centaur divination is called) with Firenze and keep Trelawney on as a tutor for actual seers.

Defense -> Split in three:
    Defense Against Magical Creatures -> Lupin
    Defense Against Dark Wizards -> Moody
    Duelling Elective -> Rotation of Moody/Flitwick/McGonnagal

Defense against creatures and dark wizards seems fairly different and having Moody teach DADW, probably only starting 3rd year or so, while Lupin teaches DAMC seems like a good idea. Dueling could incorporate the spells/concept from the three primary casting teachers (Defense/Charms/Transfiguration) into combat.

Of course, they're a bunch of other things such as muggle studies, runes, and arithimancy that the books don't really cover beyond saying hermione takes them. Considering the general state of wizard awareness of the muggle world an expanded muggle studies programs seems like it might be a good idea.

4. Vesqu

Vesqu First Year

If Nicholas Flamel was still alive, he could be pretty good history or potions teacher.