1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you want to see more of?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Ryuugi Shi, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally, I think Elaine isn't as kind-hearted as she likes to appear, which is precisely the reason I want to see more of her. Sure, she was traumatised when DuMorne enthralled her, but that doesn't change the fact that she seemed to fit in very well with Aurora and her crew, or that she may not have been released from her debt when the Summer Lady was killed.

My reckoning is that she may be working for Titania, to whatever end that may be.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Aye, Aekiel. That's precisely the reason I'm not as fond of her and don't really want to see more of her.

Though I'll agree that those things also make her a good character for the story.

I've been wondering if maybe one of the reasons (one of many) that Mab was so determined to get Harry for the WK is because Winter needed to balance Summer (which still has control of Elaine somehow, though not as the SK obviously).

Why do I have this idea that Elaine is an OutsiderBane same as Harry -- I don't recall that being in the actual books anywhere, was it a JB quote?

3. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

See Word of God thread:

Q: Is Elaine another candidate to wield power over Outsiders (the way Harry supposedly is)?
    A: Yes. There’s a reason Justin picked the two of them.

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I honestly think I am the only person in this entire forum to not want Dresden/Molly. :/ Just... no. It works best as it currently is, at the moment anyway.

Not sure if i've posted in this thread yet, but my votes are definitely for Ivy and Lash so far.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Lash

Demonreach (the fact that Harry wasn't hiding/moved there right after he took it over is fucking absurd. )

Pissed off Molly

Less Murphy unless you make her less I AM THE LAW personality.

Ivy and Kincaid

Luccio

Drakul

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I had to make a list (and since this is for minor parts only), I'd probably go with:

Molly
    Elaine
    Maeve/Lily (preferably together ;))
    Kincaid
    Listens-To-Winds
    Steed
    Ramirez

No specific order there, though I would like to see Steed play a more prominent role since he's just that awesome, Ramirez too. Also, Lily/Maeve is hot.

7. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Totally forgot about Chandler. It's that under-stated British-ness. He gets a vote.

And Ramirez gets an extra vote just because he's ridden a dinosaur.

8. Cappadocian

Cappadocian Fifth Year

Uriel, Elaine, Mouse, Lara, Thomas, Ivy and Kinkaid, Erlking, Maeve, and The Pack.

9. Covil

Covil Fourth Year

Ivy for sure, and Kincaid is kind of a package deal with her.
    Sanya really came into his own in the last book, I'd like more of him.
    Lea and Mab; although with the recent direction I don't think they qualify as minor.

Everyone else I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't cheer for either.

Elaine can stay gone, she just ruins Harry whenever she's around.
    And Maeve will likely play a big part soon, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I never got all the Maeve love around here.

10. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Ivy because she soon will stop being cute, little girl with all humanity knowledge in head and start being young woman. Not that it will be bad thing, but anyone who know Layla Miller from X-Factor comics know that this kind of transformation take some charm from character. So it would be nice to see her before that happens. Or maybe it happened already because I'm not sure how old she should be in Ghost Story.

Lash. And if we are ever see her again this is a chance. It's not like Harry as a ghost has lobotomized brain, so if she is around somewhere in his spiritual mind, she should contact him without problems.

Ramirez, so we know if he changed his status ;) .

Dresden's mother. We heard so much about her, so it's a great chance to meet her. Unless she isn't dead like I suspect.

Morgan. He is dead and so is Harry. He could be the one that some highter-ups send to help Harry with whatever problems he will need to deal as a ghost.

11. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

She should be 14-15ish. I believe in Changes it's mentioned that she is freshman in high school age.

Ramirez, Steed, Luccio. Any and all of the Senior Council. Morgan would be awesome to see again as well, but I get the feeling that his story is over. Let the poor man lie, he definitely earned it.

Also, even though it has been confirmed (way back sometime) that Lasciel (the real one, not Lash) would be back, I really really wanna see her show up soon (just for the 'Oh Shit' that it brings Harry).

I'm rather ambivalent towards Elaine, it would be nice to see her back as she and Harry have a very ... interesting relationship, but as a character I don't find her quite as interesting as some of the others.

12. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'd like to see more of Ramirez, Ivy + Kincaid, and Sue. Definitely need to see Sue again.

13. J22

J22 Seventh Year

I agree but it would be nostalgic to see him accuse Harry of being a dark wizard for not dying properly :D

14. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

If there was ever a reason for Morgan to live through Turn Coat, this is most definitely it.

15. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Eldest Gruff definitely. Bad ass goat bleeting while it kills senior council members, what's not to love?

Toot toot. I find his rise to power interesting and would like to see more Toot-Dresden interaction. Praise be to the Za Lord.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010