1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Whom the Princesses Would Destroy - GhostOfHeraclitus - Teen - MLP:FiM

Discussion in 'My Little Pony' started by Thaumologist, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: Whom the Princesses Would Destroy
    Author: GhostOfHeraclitus
    Rating: Teen
    Genre: Comedy / Slice of Life
    Fandom: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Pairings: None listed
    Summary:
    To Twilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia, it is a simple surprise visit to Canterlot. To the ponies of the Equestrian Civil Service, it is twenty-four hours of chaos, politics, weaponized dessert, politics, underhooved manipulation of media, politics, and things batrachian and tentacular. Who said bureaucracy isn't exciting?
    Link: FiMFiction

I posted something about this in the Plot Bunny thread a month ago, about how this story is the only one in which I've seen footnotes successfully added to any piece of fanfiction. This is partially due how FiMFiction works, as you can embed links in the text, and partially due to the author's style.

The whole thing reads like MLP written by Pratchett. 22 reviews point out the similarity, and about the same point out similarities to 'Yes, Minister', although having never seen an episode, I wouldn't know.

A nice, light-hearted story, this focuses mainly on Dotted Line, a high levelled pony in Equestria's Civil Service, and his dealings in trying to organise the city for the arrival of Twilight Sparkle, "A personal friend to both Her Highnesses and a major asset in the defense of the realm... visiting bound together in one small, unassuming body", who doesn't seem to realise her significance to the realm.

If you have an hour or so, definitely worth a read. 5/5 from me.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Second this. It does remind me off Pratchett and it is an absolute delight to read and I was pretty much grinning the whole way through.

5/5

3. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid Professor

I really liked it. I was funny with nice characters. I felt it dragged a bit occasionally (like the bit where Spinning Top was having the private conversation with the reporter) but that might have just been me. Very good all the same. 5/5

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am greatly amused. It does read a lot like Pratchett.

5/5