1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

why the hatred towards ron/weasleys/hermione?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goddessofboredom, Jun 11, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. that was me before..

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think even if Ron doesn't turn turn out of jealousy, he'll have a Imperius slapped on his simple minded self, and still wind up betraying everyone. He's just too easy of a target IMHO

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm more inclined to think that Ginny would be the traitor. She already has a past connection to Riddle through her possession, after all. That might make her more susceptible to being turned dark. And she seems to be the one trying to "tag along" with the Trio now, much like Wormtail did in the Marauders. I don't particularly like Ron, but I think he's proven himself to be loyal enough after the fifth book.

4. Midknight

Thats one possibility I admit. Although I would toss the tag along more toward "Neville" who is the weakest out of the bunch, similar to Pettigrew.

I thou, see Ginny being shipped with Harry in canon, and either A)killed quickly, and her death spurs Harry to become all powerful, or B)Her "LOVE" *vomits* gives Harry power to kill Tom.

I'm still struggling wtf JKR's reasoning was for having the girl constantly not be aware of whats going on, waking up in weird places covered in blood, and not mentioning it to anyone... Same deal with Harry hearing voices saying Kill/etc and ppl turning up hurt, and not saying anything... I mean they may do things differently in the wizarding world, but jesus....

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

If I ever do get ahold of HBP and Harry officially hooks up with Ginny Weasley I will toss the book onto the ground on that very same line and never pick it back up. I DO NOT read Harry/Ginny in any format (I even refuse to read classics like Power of Time because of that ship) and canon is no exception.

6. Midknight

I'm debating whether or not to even bother with the next canon books, or just download the ebook format of them later on to use for fiction writing.

After how bad books 2 and 4were, not to mention the suckfest that was book 5, I'm debating on bothering at all.

I name those because:

2- How many times do we need to see Voldi come after Harry inside the school. Introduces Ginny for the first major time. Overall a good book, I just don't like Ginny or the diary, WAY too many plot holes and lack of common sense issues here for me.

4-Ron's jealous crap, over Herm/Victor, and Harry. The tasks were decent, but if Harry is able to get these finished, why the hell were ppl several years older barely scraping by? Yet another time someone who wants to kill Harry gets into Hogwarts. Moves slowly.

5-Death of Sirius was pointless. Turned him from a character with major potential, into a throw away, disposed character that was just brought in so Harry could whine about it and become stronger in book 6. SLOWWWWWWWWW. Umbridge. Dumbles ignoring Harry all year made no sense at all, the man knows everything in the castle, and yet not the torture?! Only good part was the twins leaving.

And I personally don't see why so many people ride Ross's jock, he's an average writer, with poor plot follow through, and arrogant ass, (using some of the worst cliches I've see, and the mush factor of H/G.. ug), who abandoned his story, lol. People still talk about his story, and have flooded him with reviews 4 months + after his last update, I just don't understand.

I'm sure I'll be stoned for saying that, but I just don't get it.

7. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Hmmmmm I dont think Ross writes poorly. He describes everything pretty good and also stays realistic. The Problem with his story is, that he describes everything way too much. Its fun in the first 10 chappys but after that it gets boring. He do uses every cliche that is possible but well many others do so too...

hmmmm Ron as a traitor? Dont think so. But I agree on the Harry/Ginny thing (Hope she dies slow and painfull :twisted: ).

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ill burn my copy of HBP if it has Harry and Ginny hookup.

Ill burn my copy of HBP if it has Ron and Hermione hookup.

Ill burn my copy of HBP if Harry starts acting like a bitch because of Sirius.

Ill burn my copy of HBP if Ron has another sad about Harry's fame and fortune.

Ill burn my copy of HBP if the twins dont make more than one appearance.

Now... Ginny can go hookup with some other prick. Harry doesnt like girls that have the bodies of 11 year old boys (I've heard that alot in fanfictions).

Ron and Avada hooking up is fine with me. Even better if Harry casts it himself because Ron is a traitor. Hopefully, Ron will be a traitor.

Harry didnt know Sirius that well... he will be angry of course and maybe a little sad, but he will not cry all summer like a little girl. After everything he has gone through, i dont see him breaking from this.

The twins are needed or the books become... worse than they already are.

9. hmmm I dont really like Ron, nor do i like Herm. all that much. Though, i do think they need to get together...if only because they deserve eachother.

Luna...call me wierd but for some reason I like her...

Ginny..Nope, cant say I like her... she needs to join her brother in gravesville.

Nev? Again, a charactor that hasnt been widely developed, though we know more about him then many of the others, that i like.

As for the death of Sirius... In a way I would almost like to say it was needed, but yet again, i dont agree with myself on that. I'll have to see what she does with it in the next book.

Also, the books are always going on about James and HIS friends...what about Lily? Sorry, it's just bothering me that all we know about the woman is her name, her sister, who she marries and a few other details....

10. Midknight

Yeah that was the main thing that got me disliking JKR alot for her total lack of character building.

I started trying to find out more about Lily, after reading book 5 and pretty much got nothing.

Makes me wonder if JKR will really make Lily a forgotten pureblood witch ya know =(

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

at worst i'll stick with her being a halfblood..no way in hell can she be a pureblood with a sister like that...o shit she could be a halfblood it would explane her sisters hate and why her parents were all, from what we know, happy for her unlike, as much as i hate to say it, hermoine's parents who are unsure at most as well as nervose.you all get what i mean?

12. Midknight

Yeah I did find it odd when Petunia hinted her parents were happy because "We have a witch in the family" (HP & the P.S)

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

yeah i can agree on the halfbood thing... but what really gets me miffed is that while we know next to apeshit about lily, harry having her eyes is supposed to be super important to the plotline according to JKR ... why is it so important that mini-james has her eyes? is she from a magical family? an elf maybe? or maybe shes a triple breasted whore from eroticon 6 even?

14. Midknight

'

Aye. I'm all one for foreshadowing a few chapters ahead, but don't fricking HARP on something like the eyes for YEARS and leave everyone wonder wtf. Spit out the godamned info a few chapters after the initial foreshadow.

15. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i 2nd that

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I've heard that we are supposed to learn a lot more about Lily in the next book but it think its a bit late... i mean, we know bloody nothing about her.

She had green eyes and hated James until 6-7th year when she suddenly wanted to shag him in a broom closet. Oh, and she was good at Charms... lots of information that is...

17. Midknight

Sadly enough, thats more information then we know about a great majority of the other bigger role characters.

I'm finding it refreshing to fill in the assload of blanks JKR left.. but at the same time depressing, because this chick has made MILLIONS of what equates to a poorly written outline of a story with some good twists chucked in.

there are several dozens major plot holes she's got in the story, think we've all listed them at one point or another

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

she wrote the outline of the story on a napkin in a coffee shop...must be a small outline

19. Midknight

Aye pretty much my point

-Evil bad man kills alot of people.

-Trys to kill baby fails b/c someone said he should, babys mom dies to protect it, disables bad man.

-child grows up abused and ignored, even though he's like the best hero... EVER

-lets make them wizards, if I do this story about normal kids, it'd be too violent and I'd run out of ideas.

-child over the years will keep running into the strongest evil man ever, and beat him time and time ago.. why? Hell we'll figure that out if I get to book7, just toss in some weird ass statement in the prophecy.

Oh yeah I need disposable characters too... lets call them Quirell, Cedric, Lupin (people might like him so I may have to use him again) Sirius, Peter (He'll spend a decade as a rat for the hell of it, even though he could of hid out as a human under Fidelus or something. etc, etc, etc

-Wait for the millions to pour in baby!

20. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

>__> For the love of Nyz thats damn near accurate... hell.. if i knew it was that easy to write books and get millions id have done it long ago.. Hell.. i tihnk even with my current lack of writing talent i could be the next JKR (only male of course)...damn. that soiunds like a plan.. *goes of to halfass a story*

Not open for further replies.