1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

why the hatred towards ron/weasleys/hermione?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goddessofboredom, Jun 11, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Mmmhmmm sounds about right... Really, that woman must have some of the best karma in the world... Wonder how long it will last? Or did she really piss someone off in her past life, and the gods are merely setting her up for something cruel and unusual?

2. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i gess people saying her books are evil is bad karma

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

O__O cruel and unusual divine punishment? ... SWEET! XD

im all for that idea, though i hardly doubt that its the case here.. unless she was adolf hitler in a past life, i dun see that... <__< no offense to the ladyfolk around here but i bet its just that she was offering ... services... to the gods in between lives..

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

yeah she's had some insane god luck to get the book published in the first place.

I contacted TSR way back when, after Dragons Of Summer Flame came out, and pitched them over the phone ideas for a book i'd like to write for them.

I was shown interest, and told to send them a rough draft within a year and a half. Sent it in. 6 months later they released the first of the Fifth age books and went in a direction "sort" of like my story.

My story = Elemental dragons, new dragon god ruling from the new moon. Raistlin comes back as a even eviler badass.

Their story = Other world dragons, new dragon "gods" with the evil queen Takhisis coming back to rule eventually.

Alot of similar themes, with Palin becoming head of the Order, etc.

Sad to say, they choose Jean Rabe's version to run with, and it wound up shredding the Dragonlance world into pure and utter SH*T, that they had to write a TRIOLOGY by Weis and Hickman to even start to rebuild from the clusterf*** Rabe left it in....

Anywayz... that was my rant on unfairness in publishing, rofl.

5. Ehuh...something tells me someones a tad bitter about that? Not that I blame you....

6. Antivash

ya know... ive got only one thing to say to that... and ive said it many times before and ill say it many times before i die...

What fucking idiots

7. Midknight

Naw, she just made over a million for her half assed writing =) At least my version was ironed out =(

I shredded my copy of my draft tho, and sent it to TSR right after Wizards of the Coast bought them out, with a nice msg that said "THATS WHAT YOU GET _(*&@(*&@*(&^@*)&@"'s.

Funny enough i didn't get a response.

8. Antivash

huh... i wonder why... generally one would get some sort of legal response from this sort of decleration...

9. Midknight

Naw they prolly didnt have the slightest clue, hmm crazy fan sends in box of shredded paper.

K, toss it into the trash, next!

I was debating something cruel and unusual, but was afraid of the prompt legal action you mentioned, lol.

Besides, if i stuck Rabe's head in a box, i think i'd at least make her children mad... lord knows the DL fans wouldn't miss her.

10. Antivash

true true.. but whats the point of life if you arent going to take chances with cruel and unusual punishments...

dont be square.. decapitated heads in the mail are in this season

11. Ever notice that it has to be cruel AND unusual to be illegal?

12. Midknight

Not open for further replies.