1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Win some, lose some by obsidian dreamer - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Deplore, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Title: Win some, lose some
    Author: obsidian dreamer
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Pairing: various -- changes per shot
    Summary: Bits and pieces are sometime the best things in life. Non-related Naruto oneshots, anyone interested in writing them into full stories is welcome to do so. Naruto/Many Anko, Yugito etc
    Link: Linky

This is a collection of one-shots and snapshots by obsidian dreamer. Some of them are really great and hilarious. The author's spelling, grammar and punctuations aren't that great, but you can overlook it in favor of the excellent story and witty comebacks. In fact, several of his one-shots feature a clever and devious Naruto that makes you wish that this was canonical.

5/5 in terms of plot and extremely witty comebacks
    3/5 in terms of grammar and punctuation
    4.5/5 overall

2. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I'm sorry, but are there any witty comebacks? I didn't quite get that...

First thing I saw "I'm usually a Sonic writer" - ehhh, whatever.

Then, referring to Shizune as "an aspiring medical sannin". Sannin was a title given specifically to the Tsunade/Jiraiya/Orochimaru team, its not a rank, and there is no such thing as a 'medical sannin', also its Sannin.

Then wowing me with important information like how Shizune's footsteps are heavier than Tonton's. Oh yeah, the goddamn pig gets mentioned a ton.

Look, the first chapter is absolute shit. From what I've seen, Naruto's 'witty comebacks' just seem to be lame callbacks and unintelligent jokes the other characters mysteriously find amusing. Stuff like paying for hotel rooms and then going to sleep leaves people gaping in wonder, Naruto is a total sue, and not a likeable one.

Terrible stuff, 1/5 for me, nothing here at all.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011