1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wish List [With TC Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Water Mage, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't see how Lash could come back as a redeemed angel because, as you say, Lash isn't Lasciel. Lash isn't an angel. Lash is a piece of Harry's brain.

2. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

I just want to see more Denarians. Whenever, the Denarians have made an appearance, it has made for a terrific book. Besides, who doesn't more Nicodemus? My hope is that the Denarians cause the apocalypse which Butcher has stated will be coming.

I would love it if Harry took up Lasciel's coin, but I know it will never happen.

I don't like the White Court, they don't interest me that unless there is some Harry/Lara in the future, which was hinted in Turn Coat.

I want Harry not to get beat up so much, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Less of Murphy, as in I want her to die, though she was less annoying than usual in Turn Coat.

Some faces to the Black Council. Peabody wasn't a major player, I want someone major to be revealed, and I want the person to cause mass destruction.

Harry on the run from the White Council would be nice to see. I want to see how many resources Harry can come up with, and what he is willing to do when it comes to proving his innocence.

More of the White Council and Senior Council. I immensely enjoyed Harry's visit to White Council HQ, and I want to see more of their inner workings and history.

One of the best part of Turn Coat was the interaction between Harry and the Merlin. I want more of that in the following books.

Last, I want Harry to be more corrupted. He is far too heroic, even though he has become more gray as of late, he is still far too self sacrificing.

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    True. That does make me consider the following possiblity:

1. Lash was "killed" by Harry suffering brain damage.
    2. Wizards can gradually heal just about any injury.
    3. Harry's headaches in Turn Coat seemed like a major hint at a future plot point.

So, perhaps once Harry's brain is mostly/fully repaired we have the return of Lash? That would be all kinds of interesting.

As for other wishlist points, I agree with some of the other people that some more variety out of Harry in terms of magic would be nice; his combat magic repetoire should have more options than "set it on fire" and "smash it with a force blast." Things like potions and the "Pocket full of sunshine" also haven't really been used lately.

4. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I'm, like, 90 percent sure the brain doesn't work like that. Even if brain damage heals.

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In normal circumstances I'm pretty sure you're right, but we are dealing with magic and semi-divine beings here.

6. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

According to the new X-Men: Origins - Wolverine, you are correct, sir.

7. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Things I would like to see:

-More Ramirez
    -Harry learning some magic. When we started the series he seemed really academic, and when Molly came around he mentions how he learns more by having an apprentice. Where the fuck did the learning go? All we see is the same shit, fire and kinetic energy.
    -Chauncy or some other demon.
    -WTF was so special about that damn dagger Leaninsidhe had
    -More supporting character interactions. Butcher originally created a very rich world, intermixed with a wide array of characters, but lately he has really limited himself to the White/Red Court, the White Council, and the Denarians. What happened to the Black Court, Loup-Garous, Fellowship of St.Giles, Demons, Dragons, Drakes, Valkyries (Ms.Gard), Outsiders, and all the other countless people who we have never heard from again. I would like to see some broader third party involvement in future books.

- Most people will disagree but I'm getting a little weary of every female character being either ridiculously hot, slutty, or scantily clad. I love it when it happens occasionally but it's come up so often that it's become to dull.

-Harry not getting his ass kicked for once. It's starting to get to cliche to have him get his ass handed to him in every book before he does something worthwhile.

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm, just going over the other major points most people made.

I don't care if Harry gets his ass kicked, meh, its gonna happen, not a question of if, at this stage.

I'm with Anlun on every female character being far too hot. Lara pisses me off, though most will disagree with me there.

Harry learning more magic, definitely. Though seeing him start to use Soulfire was definitely a nice touch.

WTB LASH OMG. Had to be said.

I'd definitely like to see Harry doing bad things in the name of good. Seeing him finally make the realization that you can't win by just being good all the time. He is definitely part of the way there, think Dead Beat, but yeah. Just more of it.

9. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

It's not so much being hot, they can be hot, but in every book every time there's a hot chick, she's either barely dressed, in some situation where she''d be undressed, or it's a cold day and she's wearing a white tee and no bra. I don't know what city Butcher imagines Chicago to be but when I visited, hot chicks were in the minority. The vast amount were fat, and heavily bundled because of the cold.

It's not so much being hot, they can be hot, but in every book every time there's a hot chick, she's either barely dressed, in some situation where she''d be undressed, or it's a cold day and she's wearing a white tee and no bra. I don't know what city Butcher imagines Chicago to be, but when I visited hot chicks were in the minority. The vast amount were fat, and heavily bundled because of the cold. I would just like some semblance of realism in this instance. It would make it much more poignant when incredibly hot people like Lara show up.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  10. Montclair

Montclair First Year

This was posted in Jim's Forum. It's the list of Q&A from the Signings.

Thoughts?.

11. Blackvoice

Blackvoice Third Year

I'm excited about finally knowing about Harry's soulgaze. I'm also trying to imagine an hyper mini-Mab and failling.

Edit: Hey, I'm not a squib anymore? ):

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This made me think of the White God.

Seems to me that means he's fairly important.

Awesome. I want to see Faerie King Toot Toot. Also, someone needs to write a one shot of a young Mab, the size and status of Toot Toot.

Half demon, surely?

I thought they led to the Outside.

Looking forward to seeing Ferrovax again. Glad it seems that Nicodemus isn't dead.

13. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I'm a bit pissed about the Chauncy thing, it was such a good concept, but hopefully we'll get to see higher level demons soon.

The thing with Kinkaid is we don't know what kind of demon he has in him or how much demon is actually in him. He also might not be a scion it was sort of implied but left in the air.

I've been debating reading "The Warrior" but I've just been too lazy to find a copy. Can anyone give me a synopsis of it?

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's always Vash's site Anlun, but I'll summarize what I can remember.

The plot focuses on Harry's possession of the two Swords and the KotC's support group that Forthill's a part of.

Micheal's alright. He's been through months of recovery and therapy (lost the vision in one eye) but he can move with the help of his cane. Heavenly protection has also been granted to him and his family against supernatural threats.

The 'villain' of the story is an ex-Army priest who's also a member of the KotC support group. He wants to fight against the evil in the world and believes that Dresden is either a tool or the mastermind of a plot to take the Swords from the churches hands. He tries to kill Dresden to claim the Swords.

Needless to say Dresden survives. The guy then kidnaps Alicia, Micheal's daughter, and ransoms her for the two Swords. They make the trade and Dresden gives chase to reclaim the Swords. Final confrontation was between the priest and Micheal. The Priest wielding Amoracchius was epically destroyed in a duel by Micheal using a baseball bat. Dresden then had to stop Micheal from killing the dude 'for hurting his daughter'.

Dresden, after the confrontation, has a sort of crisis of faith, wondering what good he's really doing etc. Uriel then shows up, tells him he's doing good and how little comments he made through the day or two of the book brightened the lives of several one-shot characters.

Feel free to add anything I missed guys.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He tries to bill God! Seriously. It's one of the funniest lines in the book.

The whole Mean Streets Anthology is awesome.

16. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Interesting, and not really what I expected there. I figured Demonreach was some bad mojo that Dresden would end up turning into some great advantage no one expected. In a way, that's what he did with Lash. Also so far it hasn't seemed to be all that malevolent. I mean, sure, it's damned protective and tries to scare off and/or kill people that trespass on it, but ... well, in its mind they should gtfo anyway. Or so I read things. I think the whole concept of DemonReach kicks ass though, whether it turns out to be a bad thing or not.

Eesh, only one book a year? And we don't have a huge fanfiction base like HP does to keep us busy in the meantime. Pity, that.

17. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I gotta admit I never considered a mini Mab growing in power like Toot. It's kinda shard to imagine her as anything other than the super powerful winter queen. Which makes me really anxious to find out how she got injured in the first place, and who managed to do it.

18. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm probably going to get beaten up for this, but I'd like to see Murphy leave the police force and become Harry's partner. She lost SI, and the most interesting things that happen to her involve Harry... not to mention she's all about trying to make a difference and seems to do that best when working with Harry. Besides, according to Blood Rites, she's something of a 'Ragged Angel'...

As a side note, why the hate-on for Murphy? The only reason I've seen clearly stated here is the same reason everyone seems to like Michael and Harry - she sticks to her guns and won't violate her principles.

19. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

The problem with Murphy is the whole Kincaid thing. And, more recently, turning down the Sword...

In the early series, she was one of my favourite characters. Now... well I don't dislike her, but I don't like her nearly as much.

No clue if I'm representative of the other, though.

20. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

The impression I got (from nuhuh's oneshot Murphy killoff) was that most people hate her "penis-envy". But meh. I happen to think she's a good character who tends to ground Harry a bit.

As to the thread... I can't wait for more Ferrovax.