1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wish List [With TC Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Water Mage, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

More Gatekeeper and the island

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I want more Lara/Harry interaction. Not just the two of them jumping into bed, but a more solid alliance being formed.

Well, them jumping into bed would be nice too.

3. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

-Harry/Molly
    -Harry not getting his ass kicked that much through the whole story
    -Maggie bashing. Why? I just hate Harry's and I just can't stand to read about her.
    -Lash. Need I say more?

Weird pairing bro. I couldn't ship it xD

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  4. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I lol'd at Butcher attacking a bully with a bicycle.:awesome

5. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'd like to see Harry leave Chicago more... Nothing against the Windy City, but I'd like to hear about his trips out of town that always get alluded to but are never shown. Just because there's lots of supernatural occurances in Chicago, doesn't mean there isn't in Detroit, or Cleveland, or Miami or anywhere else.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Aye, I wouldn't mind seeing him leave Chicago every so often. Could add in the potential for some humor/drama when he can't find things or doesn't known local customs/dialects, etc. Plus types of magic he might not be as familiar with, such as the Skinwalker that followed Morgan because of an area of the country he passed through, etc.

I don't want to see more of Lara or Susan. I'm on the fence about whether or not I want to see more of Lash. I do want to see more of Murphy and Bob. I want to see more of Demonreach, Langry, McCoy, and the Gatekeeper. I want to see Toot continue to evolve.

As the OP said, I want to see Harry utlize Soulfire where the Senior Council can see it. Michael too.

Mostly I just want to read the next book, because I trust Butcher to deliver a damned good story.

I really should go read all the short stories. I think I have only read half or two-thirds of them. The next one is apparently going to feature Marcone.

7. Epic_geek_fail

Epic_geek_fail First Year

Agreed. It does add tension, but 50-150 pages in, I would like to see him get a good amount of sleep so he can give an epic battle his all.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think he got some sleep before a big battle in Grave Peril. He also got laid in that book, as well as got his leather duster, iirc. But yeah, since then he's pretty much always finished the final battle exhausted, tired and generally just running on caffeine and desperation.

9. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Part of that is everything happening so fast. The books usually cover the space of a couple days if that. When does he have time to sleep?

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

He got the leather duster, sleep, and secksy-tiem in Fool Moon before going off to Marcone's to destroy the Loup Garou and Hexenwulfen, Aekie. You should know this. x:

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    Damn it! sleep deprivation strikes again! I knew it was an early book, and what was I thinking Grave Peril for? Susan isn't even around for half the bloody book because she was an idiot and wanted to go talk to vampires >_>.

12. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

It would appear SOMEONE needs to get more sleep...

I was just thinking I'd like to see Harry actually spend time in his office and take on clients again. The great hook of the very first book (that would be Storm Front, Aekiel) was that he was an investigator first, a magic-user second. I don't think Harry can quite live off his Warden salary.

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

"Life is a river. Time is a journey. The door is a jar."

Off topic, but ^ is one of the funniest moments in the entire series.

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ha de fucking ha >_>. It was just a momentary lapse in memory, I won't make a mistake like that again.

Secondly, Harry could live off his warden salary, though he wouldn't have cash to spare in order to update Little Chicago or repair it when it melts (again). As I recall he relied pretty heavily on his PI work while he was building it but still had enough left over to not be constantly gasping for cash.

15. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

harry/molly sex scene.
    Harry becoming more powerful/learning more magic/more control over his magic.
    ferrovax
    soulfire
    lash
    demonreach
    black council
    etc

16. Ched

I just went through clicking on threads to open in new windows and missed that this was a Dresden thread, not a Potter one, and so I spent several moments thinking you were bloody insane wanting to see that.

17. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

lol. I think there are a few HP/MW smut stories out there...not that I've read them or anything. :awesome

18. Ched

So this morning I got up and turned on the TV and lo and behold what do I see and hear within the first 5 seconds? Chuck Norris bitching about a Skinwalker whose ass he is about to go kick.

That's right folks, it's Walker, Texas Ranger v. Skinwalker! Now I haven't watched Walker since I was a kid, though I'll admit in my preteen years that I did enjoy the show, but I haven't given it the time of day since. I just had to stop and watch some of this however.

The entire time I was just thinking about how obviously that's not really a skinwalker, it's one of the fake ones like in the Dresden Files TV show, it's not a true one like the one Harry Dresden was fighting, and blah blah. I was oddly pissed off and amused at the same time. Especially when Walker beat it with, I don't know, the power of love or something. *cough* The indian guy kept repeating over and over that Walker couldn't defeat it with the power of his legs/feet/etc., but by that time I had mostly quit watching.

So yeah, screw Demonreach v. Skinwalker. Let's have Chuck Norris insert himself into the Dresden Files and just take care of things for us, what do you say? *insert irritating Chuck Norris jokes here*

This has been a very sarcastic message, thank you.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  19. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Hell Chuck could take on the entire Black Council, the Red Court, Mab, Titania, the Denarians, The Erlking, the white court, the black court, the skinwalker, the outsiders, and survive the nuke that Morgan used on a skinwalker all at the same time. Not to mention come out of it without a scratch or wrinkle on his cloths.